Chapter 146: Finding My Way!

-IN A LUXERY RESTURANT, VIP ROOM-

Hawks and the other members of the HPSC all sit at a large roundtable, surrounded by ancient tapestries depicting a cult of knights and multiple weapons on the wall, along with an array of metal armor stands around them.

In front of Hawks and the other members was a holographic screen displaying a lengthy document with President Nezu's picture in the corner.

"So here it is..." A member of the Heroes Protection Safety Committee said as he stared at a screen displaying new planetary laws.  "The new laws in regards to the quirk control... Issued by our newly appointed President of Earth, President Nezu..."

"I knew they were coming...  But I didn't think they'd come into effect this fast..."

"That Rat bastard...  He managed to work with all of Earth's leaders to create a new set of planetary laws this quickly...?"

"I thought we would have more time to prepare..."

"We underestimate that rat bastard..."

"This document... It's lifting most of the quirk limitations we originally set in place in order to keep the peace..."

"Of course it is. President Nezu's first issue of business was about discussing the issues regarding Quirk usage within society." Hawks replied. "He can't change how a country is run, but he CAN at least get them all to agree of a multitude of things."

"First his act of defiance with working alongside Ren 10,000 during the sports festival, now this...?"

"This document... These new laws... It says here that as long as its within reasonable and non-aggressive norms, citizens registered within the quirk registry will be allowed to use their quirks for their daily activities..."

"All occupations and places of employment shall now also allow the employee of said establishment to use their quirk to help them complete their tasks, as long as they follow the new safety guidelines regarding quirk usage within the workplace."

"In regards to the existing laws to vigilantism; while it shall be illegal for any citizen not registered within either the Hero Registry or the Planetary Patrol division to pursue criminals without authorization, as well as interfere with a hero's pursuit of said criminals... Should a hero not be present while a citizen has witnessed a crime take place; a citizen may invoke their right to proceed with a Citizen's arrest."

"Citizen's arrest... So then that means..."

"Instead of just being able to defend themselves and their families using their quirks, this new law will grant even citizens the right to use their quirks in order to defend others as well."

"Only when there isn't a hero around in time, which I personally think is understandable.  It's not like people can just dial up a hero here and there.  Cops have a bit of a long response time in comparison to heroes with actual combat-ready quirks." Hawks replied as he continued to eat his spicy tofu. "At least this way, no one will just go around willy nilly hunting down villains on their own. If anything, this is the most optimal way to ensure the citizens don't put themselves in danger; but still maintain this theme of free-quirk usage of theirs."

"So you think encouraging the citizens to actively fight villains whenever they can is optimal for maintaining order and peace?"

"Don't try to act like you care about the people now, after everything you made me do in these past few years. You just had dirty laundry to air out, you had me take care of it for you. The people that get saved in the end, well; that's just an after thought to you all." Hawks replied as he put his bowl down. "Nezu's just giving the people you're all so supposedly worried about rising against you a bit more freedom."