Chapter 143: Moving Day!

-AT THE GATE OF U.A.-

Izuku stands in front of the U.A. gate nervously, holding the straps of his bag tightly as he stared at the large letters. He finds himself struggling to even move his feet, despite being mere inches away from entering the school's premises.

"It's...  Feels so weird now...  Coming back here after everything I've experienced this year alone..."  Izuku thought to himself as he looked at the front doors of the campus.  "Maybe it's all just in my head but...  This place feels so...  Small now.  Compared to when I first arrived at the start..."

-ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO-

"The movers said that all of your belongings were all packed and being shipped to your new dorms."  Inko said to Izuku as he put on his red shoes at the doorway.  "If anything gets broken, they're willing to compensate you for the damages."

"I know, I got the confirmation on my phone just a couple of minutes ago."  Izuku replied as he put on his bookbag.

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything?  Anything at all?"  Inko asked.

"Mom- "

"Maybe you should just check in your room again, check your closets.  Maybe there's something important there you may need later!"  Inko frantically said.

"Mom- "

"You know how to do your own laundry, right?  Remember, whites and colors seperate!  Make sure you use a good detergent, but not too much or else the expenses will start to pile up!"  Inko continued.  "Oh, food!  I know ramen is quick and easy, but please don't pick up Ren-san's bad habits!  A healthy body is a healthy- "

"Mom!"  Izuku exclaimed, snapping Inko out of her frantic ranting as he smiled.  "I'm all set.  I have everything I needed packed and ready to go."

"...  I know.  I just...  I wanted to have you stay with me a bit longer..."  Inko replied.  "I mean, today's the day you're going to be moving into the dorms...  I know I said I would agree to this whole plan, but..."

"I'm not going away forever, I'm just moving into the dorms..."  Izuku replied.

"You'll understand when you have kids of your own some day...  This feeling is something only a parent can understand...  Not wanting to let your child go, but also wanting to see them flourish and grow..."  Inko replied.  "So...  This is it...  The big day..."

"Yeah.  Once I head out those doors, I'll be staying at the dorms for my entire enrollment at U.A...."  Izuku replied.  "Oh, but I'll be able to come and visit during breaks and holidays!  I'll probably be really busy with training and space missions with Sensei, so..."

"I know...  But..."  Inko replied as she sniffled slightly and straightened out Izuku's shirt.  "It only seemed like yesterday you were running around in your All Might onesie...  Begging me to play Heroes and Villains with you...  Now look at you...  You're practically a man now...  A true hero...  Like you always wanted..."

"Mom..."  Izuku whispered as he wiped away the tears in Inko's eyes.  

"I'm sorry...  I know I have to be strong for you...  But the tears just won't stop coming...!"  Inko muttered as she continued to wipe her tears away.

"Mom, don't cry...  It's not like I'll be gone forever!  You can always call me whenever you want.  I'll always answer when I can if I'm not too busy with training.  And if I do miss your call, I'll call you back immediately!"  Izuku said to Inko.

"No...  These aren't tears of sadness Izuku...  I'm just...  So proud of how far you've come...!  How much you've grown...!  My baby boy's a world famous Plumber Agent...!  A hero to everyone on Earth...!"  Inko said as she smiled through her tears.  "It's going to be a bit lonely without you around but..."