Chapter 90: Sinister Risings!

"You have 5 minutes to get ready.  I'll be waiting outside.  We head out immediately."  Endeavor said to the two before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

Izuku and Shoto stare at the door as it closes, Shoto then approaches the still calm Izuku with hesitation.

"I think...  That may actually have been the first time I've ever seen someone stand up to Endeavor and not flinch..."  Shoto said to Izuku, catching his attention.  "Most people wouldn't even try, due to his high ranking and...  Overwhelming aura.  I don't know whether to call you the bravest person I ever met, or the most foolish."

"To be honest, I was kind of expecting him to respond like that.  Had he said that to me a year ago, I probably would've been scared out of my mind from the moment he glared at me..."  Izuku replied before chuckling.  "But I'm different now.  I'm not who I once was...  I won't let anyone push me around so easily anymore.  Rankings don't matter in the slightest to me, at least; not anymore." 

Izuku steps past Shoto and approaches the window overlooking the city, allowing the warm glow of the sun to warm his face and body as images of Ren flashes through his mind.

"A hero does what's right because it's right, that's the only reason they should ever need..."  Izuku said to himself as he placed his hand on the glass.

"Isn't that what the vigilante said?  During the start of the festival, when he showed up?"  Shoto asked.

"Yeah...  But even if they were his words, don't you agree with them?"  Izuku replied as he smiled at the sight of the city.  "Focus on the future you want to achieve...  For yourself and for those around you.  The future that I want to create is..."

"Midoriya?"  Shoto asked.

"Sorry, I got a bit distracted..."  Izuku replied as he rejoined Shoto.

"We should hurry, he doesn't like to be kept waiting."  Shoto said as he opened his suitcase.

"Right."  Izuku replied as he opened his suitcase as well.  "W-woah...  What's this...?"

"What's wrong?"  Shoto asked.

"It's...  My costume, it's been..."  Izuku replied before spotting the manual within the case.  "A manual...  And a letter?"

Izuku takes the letter off of the manual and begins to read it.

Dear Mr.  Izuku Midoriya, when making repairs to your costume; our company decided to make some changes to the materials and overall design of your first draft.  Thank you for understanding.

"They made changes...?  I didn't ask them to do that.  But then who...? "  Izuku whispered to himself before continuing to read the letter.

BESIDES, IT'S SO MUCH COOLER IF IT'S LIKE THIS!  I even added some extra features within your gloves to let you access that marvel you carry around on your wrist!  Now, with a simple flick of your wrist, the frequencies I've installed in your gloves should allow your Omnitrix to pop out its little dial thing without you needing to press those buttons on it!  You'll still have to slam it down, but don't worry!  Once I study that Omnitrix more, I'm sure I can figure out a device that'll let you transform without even having to touch it!  Unfortunately, this was the only thing I could fit into the suitcase, I've got about 86 new babies waiting in the lab to test out to see if they work with that wonderful watch of yours!  Please, stop by the support lab sometime so we can test them all out!  Sincerely, Mei Hatsume.  P.S.  Keep that baby of yours nice and shiny when you come visit, don't break it like last time!

"M-M-M-MEI HATSUME!?!?!?"  Izuku exclaimed in fear as he quickly backed away from the suitcase, staring at it fearfully.

"Midoriya, what's wrong?"  Shoto asked as he finished putting on his costume.  "What happened?"