Buddy Holly #2

Normally on the tour bus the ambient was fun and full of laugh and songs. Buddy usually grabbed his guitar and improvised some catchy little song, keeping everybody entertained on the boring hours on the road. 

But today, Buddy wasn't laughing and playing guitar with his mates. Instead of it, Buddy was sitting alone on the bus, watching the blue skies from the window. You got closer to him, and he looked at you, flashing you a weak smile. 

"Are you alright, Buddy?", you sat on the seat next to him.

"I'm just feeling tired, love.", he said, and he really looked tired.

You came near to kiss his cheek when you noticed how hot his skin was.

"Buddy, are you feeling sick?", you asked before laying your hand on his forehead. "You're burning in fever. You need some medication."

"I'm feeling cold...", he declared as you stood up.

"Stay right here, Buddy. I'll get you something for the fever."

He mumbled a 'thank you' when you walked away, searching for your travelling bag.

You got back to Buddy a few minutes later with some pills and a bottle of water.

"Take this, honey.", you said. "It will help you."

Buddy curved his lips in a tiny smile before grabbing the pills and the water bottle. You sat next to him and covered your lap and his with a fluffy blanket.

"Thank you for taking care of me (Y/N).", Buddy said before laying his head on your shoulder. "I love you."

You smiled.

"I love you too, Buddy.", you replied, as he felt asleep with his head against your shoulder feeling comfortable and loved.