Frank Sinatra #3

You and Frank were best friends, but lately you started to realize that he was acting weird. He was still cheerful and friendly, but there was something different. And every time you asked if he was okay, Frank just tried to change the subject.

"Frankie." You said when you were drinking coffee in the kitchen of your house. "What's going on?"

"Nothing special.", he said and raised the cup to his lips to drink the coffee.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?", You were leaning against the kitchen counter. "You can talk to me Frankie. I'm your best friend."

"That's the problem ..." He murmured, leaving you amazed.

"Oh... you don't want my friendship anymore is that it?" You asked with your heart breaking inside your chest.

"No. No." Frank said immediately. "Of course I want your friendship. It's just ..."

"What?" You asked.

"Well ... I want more than just your friendship, you know?" He said, and his face was flushed. "I like you ... I like you very much."

Your heart was beating fast at that moment. Frank, your best friend, liked you. You almost couldn't believe that he felt that way about you, because the truth is that you've been in love with him since you first met ... you just never told him.

Looking at him you smiled. He was so embarrassed.

"Do you want to go out with me?" He asked with his head bowed as if avoiding eye contact. "On a date."

"Of course, Frankie." You said, and only then he smiled at you.

*****

Frank Sinatra will always be one of my favorites ❤