Chet Baker

You met Chet when he performed at a little bar that you used to go to on Friday nights with friends. You were a fan of jazz music and the way that boy played was unlike anything you had ever heard. He had something special about him. A star quality that maybe he couldn't see in himself. He looked embarrassed when people cheered after he played one more song.

"It's Chet Baker!" Exclaimed the host and bar owner. "Thank you so much."

You were sitting with friends and everyone applauded. You still felt mesmerized by the music you had just heard. There was a strange feeling inside that told you that you would like to meet that saxophonist.

"Excuse me.", you said, getting up from the table. "I'll be right back."

You knew where the small room that served as a dressing room for those in that bar was located. While everyone was distracted to hear a pretty girl singing the blues, you were able to approach the room. You just hoped Chet Baker was still there.

You didn't waste time knocking on the door.

The answer from the other side came shortly after.

"Come in.", He said.

Your hand seemed to tremble a little as it opened the door. On the other side you almost immediately saw Chet standing by the wall as he put the saxophone in a bag.

"Hello." He said when he saw you.

"Hello." You answered. The truth is, you didn't even think about what you were going to say when you saw it. "I loved hearing you play. You were unbelievable."

He smiled.

"Thanks. Good to know someone likes my music."

"I thought it was fantastic."

He finished putting the saxophone in his bag and looked a little embarrassed as he spoke again:

"I'm Chet, but I think you should know that already," he said and extended his hand toward you. "And you are?"

"(Y / N)," you said flushed.

"It's a beautiful name." He said. "Did you come here just to tell me you liked my song?"

You shook your head.

"Yes. I think so."

He smiled.

"I appreciate it.", he said and hesitated a bit before talking again. "I was thinking that maybe I could buy you some coffee -- I mean, you drink coffee right? Because we can go out for a drink or—"

"I would love.", you said watching him blushing.

*****

I discovered Chet Baker's music on Youtube and I was impressed by how certain melodies can tell a story almost without needing of words. 

Do you know any song of Chet Baker?