Tom Petty

Your friends introduced you to Tom at a cold night in Indiana and since then you have become really good friends.

Your home was a dysfunctional family with an alcoholic father and an overworked mother. You studied and worked in a downtown coffee shop to help pay the bills of the house. You never felt that you were really happy... at least not until you met Tom. He showed you a happier side of life. He made you laugh and for a moment you could forget everything around you when you were with him.

Meeting him was the best thing that happened in your life. 

"Run away with me," Tom said suddenly. You were sitting in his car talking while admiring the view of the snowy mountains. "We could get out of this boring city and get to know the world."

"Tom ... I don't know ..." you said. You had lived in that boring city all your life. It was as if the world outside somehow scared you a little.

"I'd always be by your side." Tom said, and for the first time he held your hand. His eyes watched your face fondly. "I will always take care of you (Y/N). I promise you."

The truth was that when you were with Tom you felt more loved than ever before.

"I need some time to think." You said, and you didn't want to let go of Tom's hand. He shifted his body in the driver's seat and you felt a great urge to kiss him. You never told him how you felt about him.

"I see, honey." He said and smiled. "I can wait. For you I don't mind waiting my whole life."

*****

I miss Tom Petty...