Gene Kelly

You and your boyfriend Gene went out to dinner and celebrate his success in the new movie "Singin 'in the Rain". He was very happy.

After the dinner in a restaurant, Gene accompanied you home.

"Taxi cab?", He asked.

"Why don't we walk?", You suggested. "It's a beautiful night."

Gene agreed. And so you walked hand in hand through the streets toward your apartment.

You loved Gene so much, like you've never loved anyone before. He made you smile and feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. But more than that, he made your life so much better, as if the stars shined brighter now when he was by your side.

As you walked you talked about your days, without you knowing that all night Gene had waited for the right moment to ask you an important question.

But suddenly, without any warning, it started to rain. And the worst part was that neither of you had an umbrella.

"What if we sing in the rain?", you said smiling.

Gene's hair was starting to get soaked, but you kept walking.

"Like this?", He said and then began to dance and laugh.

You were soaked when Gene danced around the streetlight.

"I love you!", He shouted hanging there.

"I love you so much, Gene!"

Then in a leap, Gene stood beside you. He looked strangely nervous at the moment. And then, kneeling in the rain, he took a small box from his pocket.

You could hardly believe what you saw.

"I love you. From here to the moon.", Gene said. "Will you marry me?"

*****

Gene Kelly was such a star!

Have you seen the movie "Singing in the Rain"?