Marilyn Monroe

While everyone's eyes were on her, she could only be Marilyn, like a kind of character she needed to be when the lights came on and camera flashes dazzled her. She always smiled so cheerful and fun. She was always so pretty in her expensive dresses and diamond necklaces. 

Every man in the room wanted her. Every woman in the room envied her.

Marilyn was the most beautiful woman in the world. A rising star. A diamond in the rough.

But what everyone in that crowded room didn't see was who Marilyn really was when the lights went out and her smile faded. She was just a little girl in a beautiful woman's body.  She was just like any other woman with her problems and some less good days.

Because when everyone left and you were with her, Marilyn was no longer the life of the party. She was taking off her high-heeled shoes that she threw to the floor without caring. And even when she took off all the jewelry and the expensive dress, she was still the most beautiful woman in the world in your eyes.

Because there, when you were holding hands together in a now empty room, the woman next to you was not Marilyn Monroe anymore. There, at that moment, she was who she really was: Norma Jeane. The woman of your life. The love of your life.

And when she smiled at you with sleepy little eyes, you knew that you loved her unconditionally until the end of the times.

Because everyone, all over the world, liked that glamorous, funny woman: Marilyn Monroe. But no one really knew Norma Jeane like you.

*****

She was so beautiful! But I feel like she was so lonely...

What do you think about Marilyn Monroe?