Nat King Cole

Still in the rehearsal room, the noise of people waiting anxiously outside for the Nat King Cole concert could be heard. You were in the room with your boyfriend and the rest of the band that was going to play with him.

Nat was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room while smoking a thoughtful cigarette.

"What's up, love?", You ask, sitting in front of him.

Nat exhaled the cigarette smoke and smiled.

"Nothing, my dear. I'm just thoughtful.", he said and took your hand. "I hope this concert goes well. Performing in Georgia is not ... easy ..."

"I know, my love.", you said. "But it's going to be okay. I'm sure."

He smiled thanking you for your support.

"You know, I wrote a song for you.", he said. "Tonight it's going to be my first time performing it."

"For me?", you ask, feeling so special that your boyfriend wrote a song dedicated to you. "I'm such a lucky girl for having such a wonderful boyfriend.", and you kissed his cheek.

You loved Nat very much. And he loved you very much too.

"The song is a little like this...", he said before singing:

Unforgettable, that's what you are

Unforgettable, though near or far

Like a song of love that clings to me

How the thought of you does things to me

There was a little tear rolling down your face while you listened to those beautiful words. His voice was so smooth like you were in the middle of a dream.

But Nat was wrong.

It was not you who were unforgettable.

It was him.

*****

This man is truly unforgettable... 

Do you have a favorite Nat King Cole song?