Anthony Perkins #2

Christmas is always the most wonderful time of the year. When the snow starts falling outside, covering the front porch, and the weather is cold, your heart feels joy. 

"Can you turn on the lights, honey?", your boyfriend Anthony, asks.

"Sure.", you reply as you watch the tree lights shine in red, green and blue.

Your Christmas tree looked beautiful with all the ornaments, lights and, of course, the presents under it.

Anthony stood up, standing by your side. His arm was resting on your shoulders, while he appreciated the decorated tree. Anthony and you loved Christmas, and decorating the tree together was a tradition every year.

"There's a thing missing.", you say. "We forgot the star.", you looked around to see it laying almost forgotten on the living room floor.

You picked it up and tried to put it on the top of the tree, but it was too high for you to manage it. Looking at you, Anthony smiled.

"Let me do it, baby.", he says, as he easily places it on the top of the Christmas tree. 

To celebrate the beginning of Christmas season, you prepared a hot chocolate with marshmallows. You and your boyfriend sat next to the fireplace chatting about childhood Christmas memories. 

"And inside the box was that little red truck.", Anthony said. "It was the best gift ever."

You sipped a little of the hot chocolate drink while listening to his Christmas stories.

"Do you still have it?", you ask.

"The truck? Sure. I have it kept on the attic, in one of that card boxes.", he tells you. "I'm saving it for some day...", he run his hands through the back of his neck. "For our kid."

A smile appeared on your lips. You never spoke about having kids, even though you would love it.

"Can you imagine a little kid running around the Christmas tree?", you ask.

"I can imagine a bunch of them!", he giggled.

You smiled and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Nothing would make me happier, Tony."