Anthony Perkins

You knew it would be difficult, but nobody had ever told you it would be that hard...

You loved Anthony since you were seven years old. You were best friends ever since and now boyfriend and girlfriend. He was your better half, your soul mate, the love of your life. But sometimes life seemed to like to separate a great love. 

Anthony was beginning to be known worldwide for the movie Psyco and the peaceful life you once had changed completely. He was now a movie star from Hollywwod, attending the best parties with the richest and most interesting people in the world. And then there was you ... A simple small-town elementary school teacher. You never dreamed of the glamour of the stage and camera flashes.

So it had been months since you saw Anthony. He was in Hollywood most of the time and despite calling you every night, you missed him. Your heart aches tight in your chest. Nobody ever told you that being away from the person we love the most could hurt like hell.

When the classes ended, you walked the short walk between the school and your home. In your mind was Anthony. How would he be? What would he be doing at that very moment? Did he miss you too?

The gray clouds in the sky seemed to match your mood. You were sad, because he missed you every day.

Suddenly a few drops of rain began to fall and you hastened your pace towards home. It didn't take long for the rain to fall nonstop. Your hair was soaked like your clothes. People were hurrying out of the streets.

And it was then that your heart seemed to stop beating for a second when you saw that familiar face.

"Anthony?", You said, fearing it was just an illusion.

But it wasn't.

You ran towards him and he opened his arms to hold you.

"Anthony, it's really you ...", you said. You were standing in the middle of the rain. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, dear." he said, holding you in his arms. "But don't you worry, I'm at home now."