Roger Taylor

Suggested by; Vanna1196

*****

Your job as a reported was a great opportunity to meet lots of people. But, as professional as you were trying to be, you couldn't help but feel excited with meeting and talking with the one and only Roger Taylor.

You were a big fan of the band, and Roger had always been your favorite. So you were excited to interview him for the television channel you worked on. Sitting down on the backstage of the show, you waited for him to show up at any minute. Your fingers played with the microphone as you waited with the cameraman. 

Suddenly, the door opens to reveal someone. Roger was wearing a nice suit, his hair looked almost perfect, even after such a big concert. He smiled at you coming closer.

"I'm Roger.", he says, and extends his hand in your direction.

"(Y/N).", you shake his hand. 

"Nice to meet you (Y/N).", Roger declares.

"And this is Frank.", you introduce the cameraman standing next to you.

"Hey man.", Frank says and Roger nods.

"Hey."

"We are here for a quick interview about Queen's new tour.", you speak again. "I hope we can take some minutes from your busy life."

"Sure, it's no problem.", he says, before taking a champagne bottle from one of his drawers. You hear the cork pops, as he takes three glasses. 

"Sorry, I don't drink.", you say before he starts pouring the liquor on your glass. "Not when I'm working."

"Oh.", Roger simply says and leaves the bottle on the table before looking at you. "Can we make the interview here?"

"Yeah, here would be great.", you say, smiling.

"Alright, alright.", he takes a sip of his champagne before fix his hair a little. "Do I look okay?", he asks, and you try to contain a smile.

"You look great."

Roger smiles.

"Thanks, (Y/N).", he says and sits comfortable on his chair holding his champagne glass.

"Are y'all ready?", Frank asks, putting the camera on his shoulder.

"Ready.", you declare.

"So in 3, 2,1... Rolling!", Frank says.

"Here we are, after another big concert, with one of the rock stars of the moment. Mr. Roger Taylor, from The Queen.", you introduce him. "Thank you so much for having us."

"It's really my pleasure.", he speaks.

"So, tell me, Mr. Taylor, how does it feel to perform for a crowd singing all your songs?", you ask. 

For almost five minutes, you ask Roger questions about the new tour, his favorite songs and how did it felt to work with Freddie Mercury. He gave great answers to all your questions, and you were sure your channel station would love that interview.

"Thank you so much for all.", you say as Frank turns off the camera.

"It was a good interview.", Roger says and curves his lips into a tiny smile. 

Beside you, Frank looks ready to go.

"I should go leave this in the car.", Frank says about the camera.

"I'll be there in a minute.", you reply as he leaves the room.

In front of you, Roger just got up from his chair. 

"I was wondering, are you from here?", he asks.

"Yes, in fact I am.", you say. "Why?"

"Maybe you could suggest me a nice restaurant to have dinner.", Roger says, and he slightly rubs the base of his neck. "Would it be bold to ask you to have dinner with me tonight?"

He looked embarrassed asking you that.

"I would really like that.", you say and see a smile appear on his lips. "I hope you like Italian food. I know a great place."

"Love it.", Roger says as you both walk to the door.