Jimi Hendrix

The music sounds on the old vinyl player but you hardly paid attention to the lyrics of the song. Lying in that big bed, Jimi had his head lying on your lap while you were stroking his curly hair. He was so handsome, with his cigarette between his lips and his eyes closed as if he was savoring every second of that moment.

You loved Jimi so much. On your finger glinted a small ring that showed this love you both shared. One day you would get married and have a beautiful family with him. By this time Jimi would be an even bigger rock star and you hoped to be a great novel writer. You and Jimi had many life plans that you hoped to realize.

"I love you.", you said as you ran your hand through his soft hair.

Just then Jimi opened his eyes to see you. He moved to sit beside you on the bed and then held your little hand before kissing your cheek with affection as he always did.

"I love you darling.", Jimi said and you smiled, feeling so in love with him.

"Is everything ok?", he asked then.

He knew you too well to understand when something was wrong.

The truth is, you were feeling nervous.

"It's my parents.", you confessed. "I don't know how they will react to meeting you."

"It's going to be all right.", Jim assured you by taking your hand and kissing it.

"What if they don't like you?", That doubt invaded your mind. "You are a rock star and I don't know how my parents will react to that."

Your parents thought rock stars were just noisy kids with nothing more to do than playing guitar and smoke weed.

"I know how important your parents' approval is to you.", Jimi said.

"I just wish they liked you.", you said. "But whether they like it or not, it won't change how I feel about you. I love you Jimi Hendrix."

He laughed. That contagious laugh of his.

"It's going to be all right on the dinner with your parents.", Jim said confidently. "Parents just want their children to be happy and if it's up to me I'll make you the happiest woman in this world."

And approaching for a kiss you were sure of it: that Jimi made you a happy woman. The happiest woman in this universe.

*****

To me, the best guitar player of all time! (*Excuse HIM while HE kisses the sky!*)

Do you like rock n roll?