Chapter 150

As she drank the tea, Marquise Vaslane's eyes widened. 

As for the gift, she calculated that it would probably not be easy to decline this offer as she wished. It's not easy to say no twice.

'Is it difficult because it's too sudden?'

However, contrary to expectations, only a curious look appeared in her blue eyes.

"Our Vaslane territory is always open to precious guests like princesses. But... There won't be as many things as the capital that attract the interest or attention of the princess."

After all, it was natural to think like that because my image in Marquise's head would be a colorful jerk who likes to follow trends.

"I've been longing for the sea since I was young."

I said in a soft voice as if telling a secret.

"... Princess Deborah?"

Since the eastern part of Seymour's estate is a plain area, a deeper skepticism appeared on her face.

"Yeah. It's been a long time since I went on vacation to the beach with my father a few times, but I haven't forgotten the blue waves."

I said as I recalled the memories of a school trip to Haeundae in my last life.  It was true that the blue sea I saw at that time was impressive, so it wasn't a lie.

"Well. A villa with a view of the sea is popular with the aristocrats." 

“The waves had a rhythm like the playing of an orchestra, and the seagulls seemed to dance to it.”

The Marquise of Vaslane, who was from the South and still manages the land adjacent to the sea, listened to me, folded her fan, and opened her mouth.

"The constant crossing of high and low tides is the biggest attraction of the sea. Watching the white spray come and go, time seems to repeat itself forever."

The Marquise quoted the last words of my letter, speaking like reciting a poem.

〈I want to exchange letters with the Marquise for a long time, just as high and low tides intersect.⟩

“Actually, I liked that expression.”

In the letter, I purposely used a lot of metaphors related to the sea, and I was glad that she liked this part. 

"I doubted that Isidore, who likes metaphorical expressions, might have made a slight statement, but it was my prejudice. I'm sorry."

'This person is candid and straightforward like Isidore.'

I drank tea with Marquise, who had become softer, talking about the sea.

She loved Vaslane Castle and the estate with a sea view. 

“It is wonderful to watch the sunrise over the horizon from the top of the castle spire.”

“When you look at the endless sea horizon, it seems to spark the imagination of what lies beyond.”

Marquise Vaslane lightly responded to my words.

“It’s the imagination of all the kids who live near the sea. I once thought there was a big monster at the end of it.”

“Now that I look at it, there is gold over the horizon.”

I flirted with luck to get to the point, and the Marquis burst into laughter.

"Hmmm. Don't tell me the princess believes about the legend related to Treasure Island... "

I smiled brightly.