SS 1

1. Foxes and Snakes 

“Why?  Do you have anything to say?” 

“…  No.” 

Belek, who was biting his lips, shook his head and turned around.  

'What is it?  Obviously looking intently.' 

Recently, more and more people are looking at my ring finger with a face that has a lot to say.

Because I always wore the engagement ring I received from Isidore.  Still, I thought I had half-opened my mind these days, but my father made sure to always say one word at a time with a trembling face. 

“I think it’s bad for blood circulation.”

“Yes?” 

“The ring. Ring! The jewelry is so big that it looks uncomfortable.” 

Yesterday, he said, his eyes were sore from the annoying twinkling of jewelry.  Gradually, complaints about the ring became new and varied.  

"Why are you already wearing such a nuisance when you haven't even had a wedding ceremony yet, and you're only in the stage promised to get married? Is the Duke of Visconti giving you a hint? This guy dares.”

My father, who had been quiet for a while, was trying to find fault with Amon Isidoreagain, so I hurriedly opened my mouth. 
_____ "Amon" here refers to an innocent person.

“No way.  I'm going to get married anyway, so it's weird not to wear the ring I got."  

In fact, there was a bigger reason for me to wear the ring all the time.  

"Deborah, I'm going to put a strong adhesive magic on my finger. No, let's develop an alchemy that can connect a ring like a body..."

The day we shared the rings on the shipboard, Isidore looked into the engagement ring that wrapped around my ring finger and muttered earnestly.  

He's so serious about the couple ring, but I thought he would be sad if I didn't wear it. To be honest, my fiancé, who was thrilled as if he had everything in the world, was cute.  

“What do you mean ‘anyway’? You don’t know what will happen tomorrow. Just think about it. Who would have imagined that you, who was last in the Academy, would become the hero who saved the Empire?”

“I don't know about tomorrow, but for now, I like this ring. It's pretty.” 

As expected, the fox…  

My father muttered as if moaning something, and then coughed in vain. 

“Hmm!  By the way, recently, the royal family and the temple are so sweet that they send me letters all the time saying they want to invite you.” 

The words are annoying, but there was pride in the corners of my father's eyes.

"I'm refusing it on my own, so don't feel pressured and accept it when you want."

“Yes.” 

Even so, I was planning to stay away from social activities for the time being.  I was waiting for the aftermath of the event in which the Great Demon appeared to calm down a bit.  

'I've gotten so much attention...  Okay.'

Even the employees of the household treat me with respect, claiming that I'm the current goddess of the saint.