Chapter 164

***

Unlike other imperial balls, the Thanksgiving Ball was the largest scale of the balls held that year, with invitations to many nobles.  

It was also a place where you could see all the famous figures, the royal family, and heads of noble families who were relatively familiar with the Korean and American aristocrats.

'Hey, it's the carriage of the Visconti family.'

From the moment the carriage bearing the Visconti's seal appeared, the air subtly changed, and the nobles around it murmured with flushed faces.

The door opened and the youngest and most beautiful duke in the empire got off the carriage. 

It was Princess Deborah who came down holding his hand in white gloves.

With her dreamy purple hair curled up and tied high, she looked as sharp as a sharpened sword.

The local lords and nobles, who were slow at the news of the social world, kicked their tongue as they saw the princess' grim expression contrary to Isidore's gentle smile.

"Oh, that arrogance still remains."  

"Be careful what you say, Count."  

"It's just between us anyway, the story we're talking about, so would the Princess of Seymour, who is so high over there hear it?"

The princess's overbearing attitude and extravagant accessories went up and down like chewing popcorn in people's mouths every Thanksgiving day, so it doesn't make a difference no matter what anyone adds, if the public opinion swears at her.

This year, rather than making a fuss, it gave off a neutral and cynical feeling.  

"Seymour's foolishness is a thing of the past."  

"What does it mean?"

"The status of Princess Deborah has changed. The protagonist of this year's debutante was the princess…. but I guess you said something like that because you didn't hear it." 

"Hmmm. Since I see a lot of work in the family...."

"It is said that Seymour's successors dried the seeds of the gray fox to make Princess Deborah the queen of hunting competitions."

"........,"

"If you make a mistake with your mouth, your family can be shattered like a fox, so keep your ears open."

Even if you pretended to agree and close your mouth, there were some people who wondered if it was an exaggerated rumor. This is because it's not easy to shake off the prejudices that have already been deeply rooted. 

However, a shocking scene occurred when the Prime Minister and his wife, entering the banquet hall, approached the princess first.  

Since there were not many cases where an elderly and high-ranking official spoke to a young-ae first, there were many eyes filled with astonishment which were drawn there.  

"The Prime Minister looks happy..."

"I heard that the prime minister often visits the store run by the princess." 

As the blunt prime minister smiles broadly while conversing with the princess, there is a moment of confusion.

Soon after, prominent bureaucrats surrounded Princess Deborah to build connections with her, making it difficult to even see the Princess' purple hair. 

And that was only the beginning.

'Hmm. Today's ball is hard to choose.  The beat is too fast.'  

"Hmm, I'm thirsty. Shall we go get some champagne?"