Chapter 173

“There's a person’s name?” 

I felt a sense of dread, and my saliva was dry.  

Enrique nodded his head, clinging to my arms.

'What the hell is this…'

When I dug into the garden and found the Duchess's letter and diary, I scanned everything inside and found nothing particularly suspicious.  

The crossword puzzle, which Enrique says  has a person's name, seemed just plain ordinary to my eyes.  

Crosswords puzzle is a game that ladies and gentlemen play to clear their minds while enjoying tea time, so there is no room for doubt.  

“Enrique, I don’t know how much I look at it, but where is the person’s name you say?”  

"Here."  

"Hmm?" 

Enrique taps the intersection of the horizontal and vertical words of the crossword puzzle.

I narrowed my eyes.  

"J?" 

1. PREJUDICE 

2. CONJURY 

The answer to the horizontal puzzle No. 1 and the answer to the vertical puzzle No. 2 were the same as above, and the word at the intersection of the two words was J.  

"Next time... here." 

And at the intersection of word number 3 and word number 4, an A was written.  

As I moved my gaze diligently along Enrique's fingertips, I began to connect all the words at the points where the horizontal and vertical lines intersect.  

The completed word is- 

"J.A.M.I.L.A….." 

Jamila.  

Surprisingly, as Enrique said, the person's name was really completed.  

"Is this a person's name?"  

"Uh. It really is."  

‘Jamila…? Is that a woman’s name?’ 

There was something bothering me to laugh at as simply a coincidence.

'In the novel, when Miya bargained with the Duke of Seymour to escape from the twin demonic beasts, she only traded letters, leaving out the diary.'

So I was wondering when I discovered the existence of this diary.

But if Miya finds something she wants to hide in the duchess' diary, it's easy to explain why she only traded letters.

“Sister. But, there is something strange here too.”

By the way, the woman named 'Jamila' wasn't everything here.

The number of crossword puzzles is 22, not 12.  

What came from the intersection of the remaining ten words was even more significant.

"DEMON".

Demon.  

'Who the hell is Jamila, hiding it with the word demon?'

"Maybe it is related to the black wizard who made a contract with the demon?"

Enrique asked me, looking intently at the crossword puzzle that seemed like a warning.