Chapter 172

On the day of the accident, the imperial family formed an investigation team to find the arsonist who set fire to the Imperial Library West Building, and summoned the people at the accident site one by one to investigate.  

And among them were elderly scholars who had escaped with Princess Deborah, following a man disguised as a guide.  

"Did Princess Deborah save your life?"  

"Yes. When I felt like I was going to suffocate with the smoke, the princess lent me a wet handkerchief, and when the assailants who were supposed to be arsonists appeared, she defeated them with the white light." 

"When she defeats the assailants, does that mean she used magic?"

".... I don't know if it's magic or not, as I'm not fluent in dealing with mana, and we're just saying what we saw." 

“Come to think of it, I saw a holy beast in the shape of a tortoise that the princess had brought out when she was at the incense ceremony.”

One of the scholars added.

"After that, the Duke of Visconti appeared to help, and we ran away in peace?"  

"Yes, that's right." 

While obtaining only rather abstract testimonies, the investigators team found traces of gilding in the library spire, and deduced that the terrorist was the black wizard.

Some people saw the sight of a white light flashing like lightning nearby, so the controversy over the identity of Princess Deborah was unpredictable.  

'If she faced the black wizard with a white light… Princess Deborah also appeared in the incense ceremony, don't tell me she is ....'

'Then what about Miya Binoshu? I've never heard of Princess Deborah having divine powers.'

"I heard that the holy beast that she carries is very magical, so wouldn't it be an auspicious animal that follows her because she is a saint?" 

"If she had divine power, it would have been known immediately. Maybe Seymour developed a new artifact?"

'In principle, wouldn't it be prohibited to bring weapons or magic tools into the imperial building?'  

'I don't know what the hell it is.' 

Those people who overheard the incident spoke up about her abilities, but Seymour, who is at the center of the controversy, remained silent.  

It was so quiet that it was like the night before the storm.

***

After the accident, the next day after.  

Even though it was a weekday, I was forced to spend time in bed.  

'The Seymour men are too overprotective of me.' 

My father, who rushed to the Imperial Library with a scruffy look from his worries, hoped that I would get some rest and regain my psychological stability.  

'... It's strange.'

Isidor's trembling body, who held me in his arms, clings deeper to my mind than the situation where my life was threatened and the terrible scene in which a person turns into a spider doesn't make me fall.

Perhaps because his heart, which against my ears was beating roughly as if it were bursting, making his body tremble.  

In addition, I remembered the trembling hand of a man who looked like Isidor, who had rejected Nayla in my dream.