parallels or dejavu

Harry's POV

I definitely meant to ignore Louis today. But I didn't think he would be ignoring me as well, that alone made me want to talk to him.

I waited by his car after school but he never came. When I finally realized everyone had left and his car and a few others were the only one's left. I realized he probably had football practice.

Going to watch him practice was very tempting, but I decided to do it another time. I still needed to talk to zayn anyways.

****

Me: can you come over?

Zayn: sure

This feels a little familiar, except this time. We won't be fucking, I think.

I hear zayn pulling up the drive, and I don't bother getting out my bed. He knows his way around here.

He knocks softly on the door, that's new too. Normally he just walks in.

"Come in" I tell him.

"Hi" he greets, seemingly nervous.

Which is weird, he rarely shows any type of emotion.

"Since when do you knock?" I ask him, ignoring the polite greeting. Cause we're just not doing that.

"I don't know, I figured it was appropriate. You know since we're not fucking, I don't want to walk in on you naked or mid wank"

"Zayn, we've eaten each other out countless times. I think after shoving your tongue in a man's ass, you're entitled to seeing him naked. For life" I deadpan

He chuckles, "right"

I can see his not comfortable, and he doesnt know whether to sit on my bed or stand.

"Get on the fuckin bed zayn and stop being weird"

He walks over to my bed and sits on the edge.

"I swear to fuckin god, I'll kick you out if you continue acting like that" I snap at him.

"Like what?" He asks, acting dumb.

"You know exactly how you're acting, so don't play dumb. Get those nasty boots off and get on this bed" I tell him, dead serious.

"Fiiine"

"Fine"

I turn to smile at him, he seems to lose some of the tension he's been carrying.

I think maybe this friendship thing will work, after all. I'm not here thinking about ripping his pants off for starters.

Rather my mind is wondering to a blue eyed boy whose probably running around in tight football shorts.

"What are you thinking about" he asks me, noticing my mind is elsewhere.

"My next lay" I tell him, cause I just don't want to explain my situation with Louis to him yet.

"You're such a dick harry"

"I know, and you're going to miss having me up your ass" I say, smirking at him.

He punches my arm, "shut the fuck up, and make us some popcorn. I want to watch a movie"

And just like that, I sort of have a friend, kinda ex situation. And I'm happy with it.

Since zayn, might be the only person I trust anyways. So it's good, that I didn't lose him completely.

***
Zayn left after the movie, leaving me to my thoughts.