impact

Louis's POV

I feel Liam tapping my shoulder, I look up at him. But he's looking ahead, so I turn to see what he's looking at.

I see Niall, Harry and Zayn walking over to us.

Niall looks ready to open his mouth and say something.

Zayn is looking at liam weirdly, almost like he's offended.

But Harry

Harry looks ready to murder someone, and I have a sinking feeling that someone might be me.

I shift a little, cause harry's eyes are making me feel uncomfortable.  Then I realize I'm still on Liam's lap, now I'm not sure if I should get up or not.

Liam sensing my discomfort and wraps his arms around me, and I lean into him. Almost wishing I could shrink and hide in Liam's arms.

"I been looking everywhere for you guys, and you're busy cuddling.  WITHOUT ME?!" He screams that last part, hands thrown in the air.

"That's a little bit dramatic Niall don't you think? I just needed some fresh air" I tell him, keep my focus on him and avoiding Harry.

Ironic isn't it, I was trying to get Harry's attention for two days. But now that's the last thing I want.

"Lots of fresh air you're getting with Liam's arms wrapped around you " Harry murmurs.

"Oh... you're talking to me now are you?" I snap at him.

"Don't fuckin snap at me Louis Tomlinson, I don't know how many times I have to fuckin tell you that.  Or find you cuddle up to a boy you claim to not be fuckin " he snaps back.

"We're not fucking" liam supplies, with no emotion behind that statement.

Zayn visibly relaxes at that,  well I guess liam doesn't have to worry about rejection.  But right now isn't the time to bring up that topic. 

"Harry who I fuck and don't fuck isn't any of your business." I tell him defensively.

Before he can say anything zayn, puts his hand on harry's arm. "I don't think this is the place for you guys to have this conversation" he says calmly.

I keep staring at zayn's hand on harry's arm. Until Harry notices and moves away from zayn.

Zayn frowns but doesn't say anything.

"You're right Zee, but I don't think Louis wants to talk to me anyways" Harry replies to Zayn.

"You're the one who started ignoring me Harry, not the other way around " I tell him,  struggling to hide the pain in my voice.

"Alright then, can we talk after school?" He says, looking hopeful.

"I can't, I have practice" I mumble.

"Ok, how about Saturday?" He persists.

"Um, I'll be at Liam's this weekend." I say looking at my fingers, cause I know he's probably going to snap at me now.

"Yeah ok, whatever" he says,  defeated.

Fuck

"But I mean, I'm sure I could like make time.  Niall  will be there too, so they wouldn't miss me that much. I could maybe come to yours like during the day?" I say, trying to not sound as desperate as I feel. 

He turns to smile at me, and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Ok, get off Liam's lap " he demands.

Right, i guess we're back to whatever we were. I get off Liam's lap without hesitation.  He smiles and comes to sit next to me.

Zayn sit on the other side of liam, and Niall crosses his legs and sits in front of us.

I squeeze Liam's arm, hoping he understands what I'm trying to communicate to him. Which is basically I'm sorry for letting harry take over the situation.

He turns and smiles at me, I smile back at him.

And then Niall starts talking about God knows what,  I'm too focused on how good it feels to have Harry this close to me again.

So I lean towards him and place my head on his shoulder.

"Oh what, you don't sit on my lap?" He teases.

"Shut up harry" I tell him, hitting his stomach lightly.

He coughs like I nearly killed him, effectively removing my head from his shoulder.

"Louis,  you know thats domestic abuse right?" He asks me, mock offended.

I start to laugh at him cause he's being ridiculous.

"How can it be domestic abuse, you guys ain't together?" Niall asks.

That wipes the laughter off my face, and I turn to look at niall then back to Harry.

"Whatever Niall, it's abuse though Louis" Harry says, moving back to sit besides me.

I push down the rock like feeling in my stomach, i barely know this boy. I can't expect that he wants to have a relationship with me already, or ever. I mean i don't even know if he likes me, so I need to relax.

"It's not abuse Harry, you're being a baby " I say, trying to lighten up the mood.

Cause it feels a little tense.

"Oh is that so, am i your baby lou" he says, blinking down at me.

I chuckle.

I turn to liam and Zayn, they seem to have started a conversation.  Not at all paying attention to what we're doing.

Good for them, liam needs to get laid. Maybe he won't be so tense and acting like a dad all the time. But I kind of enjoy it so, I don't know.

"Zayn, are you trying to steal my friend?" I ask him.

"Well you stole mine, so it's only fair isn't it?" He replies without missing a beat.

I laugh at that, well I might have just met my match. 

The rest of lunch period we spend under the tree, all five of us. Just having a casual conversation. This feels nice, I could get used to it.

Niall seems happy, I think he might be relieved that he doesn't have to split himself between his two friend groups.

***

I managed to actually pay attention to my classes after lunch period. 

I'm looking forward to pratice, hopefully we will be playing instead of running laps.

Me, liam and Niall meet by my locker and make our way to the field.  This feels like a great start to the weekend. 

"Tomlinson, are you asleep" I hear coach screaming at me.

"No coach I'm not "

"Start running your laps then, what the fuck are you standing around for " he says looking at the three of us.

Never mind, this is the worst start to my weekend.

"Yes coach" I reply, following behind liam and Niall. 

I see Ed turning around to leave when he sees we're running laps again. But Michael is right behind him, so he pushes him back towards the field.

I laugh at the interaction and continue to run before couch screams at me again.