Chapter one ~ Busy Bee

Not edited

This chapter contains: 

A/N: To let everyone who started reading the Introduction is unpublished for editing and will be back up soon so you can start reading now and come later for the prologues and introduction. Editing of this book will come later.

 Editing of this book will come later

Yaelis Dixon

" Geni, come on and put on your shoes so you can get to daycare on time," I yelled for Genesis. I heard little feet coming my way and Genesis appeared in the doorway. She came and sat down and I put on her shoes. I love how she listens to me.

" Mommy, can I have an orange?"

" Yes, baby," She got up and ran into the kitchen. I went after her and she held the orange up for me to peel. I peeled it and gave it to her. I grabbed her backpack and my bag. I took the keys off the counter.

" Come on, so we can get to where we have to go on time," She stuffed the last of her orange in her mouth. I turned the alarm on and left the apartment. We went down the stairs and to the car. I buckled her in and put the stuff in the passenger's seat. I got in and started the car up. I drove out of the garage. I am always late for everything in the morning. It's hard being a mom of a two-year-old.

Lucky the daycare is less than five minutes away from the apartment complex. I grabbed Geni's bag and unbuckled her. I walked up to the door and one of the teachers came out and took Geni.

" Bye, Geni," I waved at her goodbye.

" Bye, Bye, mommy," She waved back and blew kisses at me.

I got back into the car and drove off in the direction of the campus. I am almost late, might be ten minutes late instead of five. Shit.

I pulled up into the parking lot, it was full. I drove around in circles trying to find a spot. I need to wake up earlier so Genesis is there early and I am here on time. I found a parking spot finally. I parked and grabbed my things, now I need to walk about two minutes just to get to class. I quickly started walking. I walked out of the parking lot. It was a beautiful day today, with no clouds in the sky. It's clear today.

I pulled out my phone to look at the time just for a quick second, but the next second was I was knocked down. I looked up and saw a beautiful tall man I have never seen before. I got up and dusted myself off.

" Next time watch where you are going," He said with a sense of attitude in his voice. It was deep.

" You are the one who ran into me," I told him. He pulled out his phone and held up his finger in my face. I rolled my eyes and walked off. I walked into the building and ran up to my class. Mrs. Taylor looked at me.