Chapter Sixteen ~ Masquerade Party pt. 2

Not edited

Mentions ~ Blood, knives, guns, mature language, violence, 

Matteo De Santis

" Y'all are so fucking stupid," I said to myself.

" Matteo, not yet don't make your presence known too soon," Lorenzo's voice came through my earpiece. He's right don't make my presence known too soon.

I watched everything unravel. Yaelis's face was pale, we need to get out now. We can't fight this, we are going to lose if we try. I gathered everything and loaded my gun just in case. 

" Matteo, two of us got out and we are headed toward the road, Lorenzo and Keedon are coming through."

" Ok, good the others are still inside?"

" Yes, they are trying to sneak out now before it will be noticeable."

" Thanks," Yaelis is slowly moving toward the exit. I ran down the stairs and unlocked the door the hall was empty I sprinted to the next empty room that is near an exit. I have to get Yaelis out of here.

" Mia Ivanov, my beautiful woman. Do you know this sweet woman? Are you undercover too? You look really pale."

No no no, shit

I froze, I went up the stairs empty, and to the balcony that could see the whole venue. Aleksander was walking toward Yaelis, she glanced up and back at him looking him directly in the eyes.

" Ot''yebis' ot menya," She must have translated that into Russian.

" Don't let him get under your skin. Stall as long as you can," I said into the earpiece. Her body language gave me a signal that she got my message.

" Don't disrespect me, Mia. Do you know her?"

" I don't have to give you respect until you respect a woman correctly," Yaelis stood up to him.

" Guards surround the area make sure no one eats out or in," Dimitri said, the second command, guards from all over started moving around. I'm pretty sure the outside is secure now.

" Keedon, how far are you?"

" On my way to the airport to drop them off. Did all of you make it out?"

" I have a situation," A timer went off in a distance. I looked down at my watch. 

10:30

Guns were pointed at everyone downstairs. Drinks fell out of people's hands. Everyone was terrified. Aleksander, Dimitri, and Alyona grabbed Yaelis and my spy and went past the guards.

" You make start your spree," Aleksander said. Not even a minute people were running, blood was splattered on the walls. Bodies were piled up on top of one another. People were on their knees begging not to be shot but ended up with a bullet between their eyes. Someone escaped, but I guess I was the only one who saw. I hope she gets far enough away from this place. People screaming for help but no one can hear their cries.