Chapter Thirty-Six ~ Be Careful

Not Edited

Mentions ~

Yaelis Dixon

Yaelis Dixon

I have never been more worn out in the past few months. I feel like throwing myself in the bed or on the couch if I can't make it when I get back home. 

Right now I am in the styling chair once again trying to get the correct hairstyle because the designer of the clothing wants certain styles and is being really picky at the moment. Mr. Pierce is really debating about taking me out of this show and getting me into another one because he is completely over it. I think I lost more weight due to the long hours of not eating.

When I get home Matteo makes sure I eat something before both of us go off to sleep. Sometimes I wake up Genesis just to have a little moment with her because it is taking time away from my daughter and I love those small moments and times like I used to have with her. 

Matteo fills in my spot with her. I don't think she seems to notice that often, but Matteo does tell me she does ask about me before going to sleep and after he gets her from dance practice. I can't get any days off because the show is coming closer and closer. 

I promise if they burn me one more time with this fucking curling iron I am walking-. That's when they burned me again. " You know what. Try this style on someone else because y'all don't know how to not burn someone and it is fucking pissing me off," I snapped and walked out of the dressing room. I need to get some fresh air. I stormed outside and went to sit on one of the benches. It feels like I haven't really breathed in months.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. This is my life, my career, and I wanted to do this, but sometimes this could be hard. I will always have hard days and easy days, but right now I am going through my hard days and that's okay because I will get through them if I keep pushing through them and keep trying. Also, it is also okay to take a break from it just sit someone quiet and breathe. 

" Yaelis, are you okay?" Mr.Pierce came running outside toward me. My eyes were closed and I was in my head. I nodded my head yes. " I just need a moment to myself," I uttered. I felt a presence sitting next to me Mr. Pierce rubbed my shoulders to comfort me. We sat in silence and just comforted me. 

After a few minutes went by Mr. Pierce spoke up. " I can tell them we backed out if you like if you think this is too much for you to handle. It might ruin some opportunities in the future, but all of this is your call, Yaelis," Mr.Pierce told me honestly. " I am going to go through it. This has been my dream since I was little and I will go through all the pain and hurt just for this to work out for me. I am doing this for myself and my daughter," I explained. Mr.Pierce nodded his head and kissed my forehead. 

" If that is the case take a couple more minutes out here and come back in for some measurements and we can get about three walk-ins done and you can go home to your little girl and that man you have," Mr. Pierce teased. I smiled and he walked back inside of the agency.