Chapter Nineteen ~ Vanessa

Not edited

Mentions ~

Yaelis Dixon

Yaelis Dixon

I looked out to where Genesis is playing on the playground equipment. Other kids are around her, but I realized how she wanted to play with them. They always left her to play alone. I know she is too young to understand and I know she is probably hurt. 

She slid down the slide and her cheeks dropped. When Genesis is upset I always notice her cheeks will drop and her eyes show it. She went by the flowers and started to play in the dirt and started messing with the flowers. I am so glad I brought extra clothes.

She came running back to me with a smile. She had some flowers she picked out the dirt in her hands.

" Mommy, here," She said handing me the flower and the roots of the flowers. I think I may need to save up for a house and plant a garden in the backyard. One thing I hope is she doesn't give up on dancing. I think she is a good dancer for a two-year-old. I am not ready for her to turn three, she is already talking perfectly and clearly.

" Thank you, Geni," I said and kissed her forehead. She reached for her cup and started drinking her water. I put the flowers behind my ear. I am glad she still pulls flowers out and gives them to me. She has been doing that since she started walking and talking. She ran back to the flowers. A woman looked at Genesis and then looked at me.

She came walking over with a smile.

" Hello, you must be that little one's mother?"

" Yes, I am. Is there a problem?" I know she is not about to complain, I can just tell by her attitude.

" So I don't know if you are familiar with this area, but your daughter isn't allowed to pick at the flowers and mess up things around here. It is nice and beautiful around here and I don't want someone's child messing it up, so-"

I didn't let her finish her sentence. I stood up and may sure we were at eye level with each other. I realize there was a group of moms standing a good distance from us. She brought her crew here and watch this unfold.

" My daughter is two she doesn't know better. You don't own this area and I don't see a damn sign near saying don't pick flowers. I see other kids picking flowers and messing up the dirt. Is it because I am not a part of your crew of problematic mothers? Look I don't want to come across this shit again and if there is another problem make sure you say it to your minions over there. You didn't do anything, but embarrassed yourself."

She looked at me shocked. I'm pretty sure no one stood up to her and said it to her face. She walked around and started chatting away and looking back. I sat back down and pulled out my book again and looked to make sure Genesis was still in the same spot.