Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ What Happened that Night?

Not Edited

Mentions ~  Attacked, Violence

Yaelis Dixon

I have been laying in Matteo's bed for the past two days. We haven't exchanged a word since I arrived. I don't want to talk about matters of fact I hate talking about it. Genesis and Matteo have been spending the last two days together also. 

Everything is fucking ruined my body, face fucking everything. One of the housekeepers came in and put soup, water, and some medicine on the nightstand. I thanked her as she left the room. I ate some of the soup and took the medicine. My whole body is sore, so I barely have moved since I got here.

A small knock came from the other side of the door. I knew it was Genesis she probably got tired of Matteo. Also if it was Matteo he would've just walked in since it's his room. " Come in," I said softly she ran up to the bed and hopped right in beside me. " Mommy, can you play with me?" I want to fucking cry right now.

" I'm sorry, Geni, Mommy can't play right now. You remember I told you mommy is hurt, so she can move for a while," I said trying to explain to her the best can for her to understand. Her smile dropped from her face and her eyes got teary. Oh, no, I am about to cry with her. " Ok, Mommy," She said and left the room. 

I don't care what the doctor or Matteo said talking about 'staying in bed ' I am going to try to spend time with my daughter. I pulled the covers from over me and placed my feet on the cold wooden floor. I held onto the side of the mattress trying to gain my balance. It might take me a while to get to the living room. I am so glad Matteo's room is on the first floor.

I finally made it to the door and I took the smallest steps possible. I held onto the wall for support since my side still is bruised and in so much pain. 

And I have been caught

" Yaelis, why are you out of bed?" Matteo asked from the wall. His shirt was unbuttoned all the way showing off his tight abs. I need to stop looking, but I think he noticed I was looking. He started to make his way over to me since I can't move fast I stood there. I would run away from him if I could though. Seconds went by and he was standing in front of me holding my side that was not bruised. "I need to get to Genesis," I said trying to slip past him, but knowing it won't work.

" Why?" He questioned. " She wanted to play with me, but I said I can't. Matteo, she was about to cry and I felt bad," I said almost in tears. Why am I so emotional lately? Matteo picked me up and held me in bridal style and carried me to the living room where Genesis was playing on the floor playing with her stuffed animals. Genesis face lit up soon as she saw me. Matteo put me on the couch and Genesis brought her toys to me so I could play with her.