Chapter five ~ Adult's night out

Not edited

This chapter contains: Anxiety

Yaelis Dixon

Matteo and I decided to head to my apartment, so I can get my dress and makeup accessories. I grabbed a bag for Genesis so she can change into her play clothes. We are just going to take his car to his house and I get dressed over there and we head to the casino we are having our adult's night out at.

I put Genesis in the backseat and buckled her up since he doesn't have an extra car seat and I didn't want to take the one out of my car. I sat in the passenger's seat and we were on our way to his house.

" Do you have everything?"

" Yes, Can you play some music? The vibe isn't sitting too well with me."

" You can use the aux if you like," I grabbed the cord and hooked up my phone. I went on my Spotify and looked through my playlist for a song I like.

Now playing

Never Tear Us Apart ~ Bishop Briggs

I turned the music up a little bit. I rolled down the window and let the wind blow in. I looked in the backseat and both of the girls were asleep. I leaned back and listened to the lyrics of the song.

' I was standing you were there Two worlds collided  And they could never tear us apart.'

' We could live for a thousand years But if I hurt you I'd make a vine from your tears'

' I told you that we could fly 'Cause we all have wings But some of us don't know why'

I started singing along softly. I see Matteo looking at me through the rearview mirror. He has a small smile as he focuses back on the road.

' I ( don't ask me)'

' I was standing ( you know it's true)'

' Mm, you were there ( Worlds collided)'

' Two worlds collided ( We were shining through)'

' And they could never tear us apart '

" We are going to arrive in about 5 minutes," Matteo said and removed one of his hands off the steering wheel. His veins popped out of his arms. This man is so fucking fine. His mama and dad to their time with him.

' I-I-I I was standing you were there'

The song ended soon as we pulled up to the gates his men nodded their heads when Matteo drove through.