Chapter nine~ Gala

Not edited

Mentions:  Anxiety attack, Gun, 

Yaelis Dixon

I looked at the cream-colored envelope again. It was delivered last weekend it is an invitation to the De Santis annual gala they have around this time of the year. The theme of the gala is cream-colored like the envelope. I bought Genesis and my dress yesterday and I picked them up earlier today.

I finished up my makeup and applied some neutral lipstick and put my hair in a low bun, every strand was tucked away by some hairpins.

" Mommy, can you put some of that on me?" Genesis asked as she pointed to the makeup on the vanity. Her hair was in a bun that was on top of her head. She has a lot of hair for a two-year-old.

" Ok, baby, only a little bit," I picked her up and sat her on my lap. I applied a little bit of blush and some eyeshadow. I top it off with some clear lip gloss.

" I look beautiful," She said and smiled at herself in the mirror. It's scary how much she looks like me. She is my twin, I am glad she looks like me and not like Jason. She only has his hair color. I smiled at her.

" Ok, now let's get you dressed, and then Matteo sent a driver over here to come to pick us up," I took her small hand and we went to her room. She sat down on her bed and started swinging her feet back and forth. I walked over to her closet and grabbed her dress off the hanger. She has been excited to put on this dress since yesterday.

" Mommy, hurry," She excitedly screams. She tore off her closes and put them on her bed.

" Ooh," I said and started tickling her. She laughed and kicked her feet trying to get me to stop.

 She laughed and kicked her feet trying to get me to stop

I slipped on her cream slippers. She did a little twirl to show me the dress. She looks just like a princess.

" Mommy's princess," I whispered to myself. Genesis started to play with her toys and I left her room so I could go get dressed. The driver is supposed to be here in the next 45 minutes. I made sure I had my wallet and phone on my bed so I could grab them as I leave and lock up the apartment.