Chapter Thirty-Nine ~ Can I be yours?

Not Edited

Mentions~ 

Matteo De Santis

Matteo De Santis

The past two weeks Yaelis moved all of her things into my room. Now I finally have something to share with someone I love. I never thought I would be falling in love in my life. I guess Yaelis and Genesis have a soft spot somewhere in my heart. Slowly Yaelis and I started to make things official, which should have been done a while ago. 

We have been doing more things together and I am making sure I come home for dinner on time, and sometimes I come home early so I can spend time with them. Even though Genesis isn't mine I love her like she is my own daughter now I know how Samuel and Romano feel their love toward their kids. I love Amy and Michael too, but it is different. 

I don't think I regret letting Sofia bring Yaelis to the house because one person made a huge difference in my life. Tonight I want to make things official between Yaelis and me, so I am planning on taking her on the boat. Sometimes I forget that I own a personally designed yacht. I just know that everyone else uses it, so I am going to use it because I didn't purchase it for no reason. Well, it wasn't exactly my purchase, it was Alessandro's. 

" Found you," Genesis and I have been playing hide and seek for the past two hours. She likes being the seeker. " Again," I said dramatically. I was literally in the library sitting on the couch. It took her thirty minutes to find me. " I was going to give up, but I didn't," She smiled and crawled into my lap. Lately, she has called me daddy many times, which is something I don't mind and it is something I am getting used to. 

Yaelis told me that she is happy Genesis can finally call someone who she is comfortable with and trusts. A father figure that she never had in the three years of her life, but of course, she still calls me M&M which is another nickname I love a lot. " Your mom should be back very soon. Do you want to surprise her?" I asked. Genesis has the sweetest grin. " Yes, come on," She said. Which meant pick her up and let's go. 

" What should we do to surprise her?" I have another surprise for Yaelis, but it's currently laid out on our bed in a box with a red bow on it. " Let's make a cake," Genesis suggested. " Let's start baking then," We went into the kitchen and started to get the ingredients and all of the materials. I didn't realize how bossy Genesis could be when she wants to get something done. I mixed all of the wet ingredients and I let Genesis mix the dry ingredients since it is less messy for her to work with. " How do you feel if I took your mommy out tonight," I asked. Genesis started smirking at me. " You like my mommy, M&M, I guess you can. Bring her back by eleven," She gave me the most innocent serious face and shoulder shrug. " I promise, Geni," I assured her. 

She watches too much TV. Genesis mixed everything together and turned on the mixer. Once everything was mixed I poured the batter into a circle pan with the help of Genesis then I placed it into the oven It should done in the next thirty minutes. " We should go play outside," Genesis said and walked toward the door and I followed right behind.