Chapter Eighteen ~ Moving On

Not edited

Mentions ~

Yaelis Dixon

Yaelis Dixon

For the past two days. My mind has been all over the place and I can't stay in one mindset. Genesis is getting antsy and wants to act out. Sometimes I think I should lock her outside for a few hours. I have no one to watch her while I take the day away from her. The apartment is a mess. I haven't gone grocery shopping and there is no food left only leftovers that probably are about to expire from the past week.

This is why I hate getting involved with people knowing I will get hurt all over again. Usually, when this happens I just pack up and move, but I don't feel like doing that and starting over again when something gets hard. 

I am laying in my bed with the bedroom door closed and locked because Genesis keeps screaming. I did everything. I gave her food, so she isn't hungry. I gave her my attention for more than two hours. I played and watched tv with her. I just need some space. I small hands banging on the door hoping I will open the door just for her to crawl into my bed and cry some more.

I want to hold her so badly, but I know she needs to learn how to be independent and I am not always going to be here.

I got up and went to sit by the door. Her cries got louder and louder. I know the neighbors think I am a terrible mother for letting her scream, but if they understood what is going on then they would probably let her scream too.

Not even ten minutes later she was quiet. I know she didn't move from the door because I can hear her small feet walking slightly hitting the door. She was talking to someone. I know she didn't open the door because I basically baby-proof the apartment. She is only two, but she is smart for her age.

I cracked open the door and she was lying on the floor with her Ipad and dried tears and snot on her face. She didn't look at me. A male's voice was talking to her.

Matteo

He is talking to her to calm her down. I closed my door and grabbed my phone off my bed. I looked at the Ring camera and he was standing there. The neighbors must've complained and said the apartment number, so he came to see what is happening. I looked around my room and realized how dirty it was. I know he shouldn't be here and I should not talk to him. I hope he isn't expecting me to open the door. I opened the door and lay next to Genesis, she was calm and silent listening to him. I brushed her hair out of her face which was red like a tomato. 

I should hire a maid or something.

" M&M can you come in?" She rubbed my face knowing if I open the door and I will break. I know I shouldn't miss him because he isn't mine and we were never together. I always get attached to someone who seems like a good person to my daughter.