Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ My Protection

Not Edited

Mentions ~

Matteo De Santis

Matteo De Santis

That's when we broke our no-kissing rule

I woke up to Yaelis in my arms. Her head snuggled into my neck and he body was on top of mine like she is a blanket, but too small for me but also the perfect size that fits into my arms. Soft snores came from her mouth. I looked over the clock and it was nine in the morning.

I slowly slipped her body off of mine and placed the covers over her. I left the room and Genesis was wide awake with Jeanine making homemade pancakes. It smells good as I walked into the kitchen in my mind I knew there was a mess in there mostly because of Genesis. She doesn't want Jeanine to help, so she did most of the work while Jeanine placed them on the skillet and flipped them from what I could tell.

" Good morning, ladies," I spoke. Genesis jumped down from the step stool and ran into my arms. She placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek. " Morning, M&M," She said with a cheesy smile. That smile is so fricking similar to Yaelis. I love how much they resemble one another. I set her down and we walked back into the kitchen. 

I started to clean the mess around where they were still fixing breakfast. The table was already set and Jeanine started on the eggs and bacon soon as the pancakes were finished. I took Genesis into the room she was sleeping in and I helped her wash her hands and we went to go get Yaelis up.

The door creaked open, but Yaelis was still fast asleep. I lifted Genesis up and placed her on the other side of the bed. Genesis crawled to the sleeping Yaelis and she gently attacked Yaelis. She wasn't mad when she got woken up, but I have seen a true smile on her face after not seeing it for a few weeks.

 I miss that.

I miss her, but I won't admit that out loud.

" Morning," She said and placed a kiss on Genesis's forehead. " Good morning, Yaelis, Jeanine, and Genesis made breakfast," I said. She slowly removed the covers and slowly placed her feet on the ground. My doctor is coming soon to check on the cuts and bruises. I have Romano on the job of finding out who exactly was in the house. Samuel is at Yaelis's house now to get fingerprints. I refuse to let some shitty ass men touch my woman.

I wrapped my arm around Yaelis's waist and Genesis ran out the door because she is singing that she is hungry. That girl is too funny, I wonder how she will be when she gets older. I hope she is still the same everyone would love her for her personality. Jeanine fixed herself a plate after fixing everyone else's and started to walk away. " Jeanine, come sit down with us," I called out after her. I slight smile appeared on her face and she sat on the other side of me while Genesis sat next to me and Yaelis sat next to her. She really wanted to be between us.

" Any plans today, Matteo?" Jeanine asked as she shoved a fork full of eggs into her mouth. I promise you Genesis is the messiest eater ever. Food is literally scattered all around her. " Just business as usual, but I am trying to get out of it as soon as possible," I answer and took a bite of bacon. Yaelis and Genesis were bickering over god knows what. I love their relationship.