Chapter fourteen ~ Jason is back

Not edited

Mentions~ 

Matteo De Santis

Matteo De Santis

I walked into the main base and to the meeting room where all my close workers were. Supposedly Jason is back one of the people I sell drugs to and also Genesis's father. I am shocked at how Yaelis got herself caught up with him. He is one dangerous man that knows how to get into trouble but doesn't know how to get out of it.

" Jason made an appearance here in Verona last night at one of the nightclubs you own, Mr. De Santis," One of my workers said.

" What time did he arrive and leave last night?"

" He arrived at 8:24 and left around 2 am this morning."

" Anyone important at the club last night?"

" Yes, Mr. Santos the one your father is good friends with."

" Pull up footage inside of the club and get all eyes on him. Any whereabouts right now."

" No, sir," I shook my head.

" He knows Yaelis is here in Verona and is most likely after his daughter, Genesis," Now I have to keep Genesis safe and tell everything to Yaelis. I don't know the status of Yaelis and Jason's relationship it seems none existent.

" Send me the footage soon as it is found."

" Yes, sir," I left the meeting room and went down to the training room where there are recruits and many other assassins and spies training.

Lately, I have been working on background checks and interrogating them because someone is betraying us, and it is most likely someone close to me or anyone in the family. I realized I haven't gotten a call from Yaelis. I pulled out my phone and clicked on her number. She picked up on the third ring.

" Hello," She sounds tired.

" Did I wake you?"

" Yes, you did. Where did you go?"

" I had some business at the base to handle. Is everything ok?"

" Yes, now let me go back to sleep."

" Ok-," She hung up before I got to finish the rest of my sentence. I put my phone into my pocket and stood in the corner observing everyone in the training room. Lorenzo was training some of the new assassins. Samuel and Romano are the ones who really supposed to be training them.

I need to head to the office so I could focus on work that isn't mafia related. I left the room and got into my car to head to the office building. Nothing new has happened because my email isn't as full as it is when it is busy.