Chapter Twenty - Five ~ He loves you

Not Edited

Mentions ~

Yaelis Dixon

Yaelis Dixon

2 weeks later

I decided to pack up and move.  I need a fresh new start somewhere else. I'm thinking about moving out of Italy. I think that is the safest move right now maybe somewhere in Spain.

" You know you can always live with us, Yaelis, " Sofia said. She has been begging me to come move in with them. Everyone in that household is finally moving out of the house leaving Delphine and Lucifer in the family home. Ellowyn and Samuel are moving to Genoa. Sofia and Romano are moving to Bari and Matteo is moving to Naples everyone is splitting up. Matteo thinks it's for the best.

" Sof, y'all need your personal space and I need to live somewhere with no drama or mafia. I'm thinking about moving to France because of modeling or maybe to America. I need a fresh start," I said as I was folding some of my clothes and putting them into suitcases. " Don't move too far from me. I need someone to visit a lot and talk to," She stopped putting Genesis's toys in the box that we are giving away.

" You know where you go, Matteo will find out and come to you," Why is that? I thought Matteo can care less about me. " Why? he can get too many other women. What's so special about me?"

" You don't realize, but Matteo likes you, Yaelis, he always had. The first time he saw you he couldn't stop talking about the woman with the pretty hazel eyes. I had never seen my brother like this ... in love, he is blinded by it because every time something happens to you or Genesis he is the first one you call and he will be the first one there, Yaelis, am I right?" I am speechless actually. He can't love me. " And you love him, tell me, if he handed you a bloodied hand, would you take it, only because it was his?"

" I- I don't know," I said. I don't think I love him. With all the lies he told me and kept secrets I don't think I am capable of loving someone like him. I want someone who won't put me in danger, but Matteo he may put me in danger, but he will protect me with his life. 

" You do know, Yaelis, it's okay to be confused now because I promise you he is just as confused as you are. You love him, but you won't tell and he loves you, but he refuses to show emotion and show that he loves he thinks it's a weakness due to his past others past," She took the box of toys out. I was left there in my thoughts. 

The rest of the day was small talk after that conversation I don't think I will look at him the same. I need to stay far away from him as possible and keep Genesis away even though she questions where he is at. I wished I never got into this problem my life was fine as it was.

I found an apartment in Catania. Everything is beautiful out there on the coast. Genesis would love it and I hope to find hope there. I hope everything is safe out there no problems or mafias out to come get me. The nighttime rolled around and Sofia already left about an hour ago. Genesis was sleeping in my bed. The apartment is messy, but I am hoping to leave by the end of the week.