Chapter 6: Eye Before the storm

I had well prepared my plans, along with honing my swordsmanship and marksmanship skills that I had learned from the servants back in Chaldea. I learned that I could fire dark beams that originated from Abaddon and are destructive in power, at least enough for me to parallel Origami's light pillars to my approximation .I had also managed to test out the fake "Ea" that was in "Gehenna". I had also planned to ambush Origami as she is about to fight Phantom and prevent her from killing her parents by accident. 

Before I slept, I had finally decided to start praying to god if he is really out there, hoping that he would forgive me. I apologized for all my sins, my wrongdoings in the past.

I knew that attempting to derail the cannon story would result in a massive time paradox, but I selfishly wanted to see what would happen if the time travel shenanigans never happened in the first place. 

For the last few days, I felt I was being watched, but I think it was probably Kurumi or Phantom. If it is Phantom, it would be easy to talk to her. 

As I slept, I did not get the same nightmare from last night. Maybe God has forgiven me after all... 

...

I woke and started preparing for what would be one of the most plot determining events of "Date A Live". I had just finished lunch and was already on my way to the spot in Nanku where all of the events will happen.

Walking around the residential area in the afternoon was, well refreshing. I appreciated the housing designs and structures, as in my previous life before Chaldea, I lived in a typical apartment building, and most of the buildings where I used to live towered over it. 

Looking around, all of the houses seemed clean, no rubbish on the streets, and a lot of crickets chirping. around. It was peaceful, until I smelt smoke. behind a building, a huge fire had started. I knew that Kotori losing control of her powers due to distress was the cause of this, but I was far away from her location.

Then, I looked at the sky, there I saw a figure in white flying from an incomplete construction site. Although from my eyes, I could not make it out who it is, I knew it was Origami, and I soon summoned my nameless astral "shell",  completely covering my body and followed behind the angel with a measurable distance, hoping she would not notice. 

...

Shido Itsuka was confused. Why is there this thing flying behind origami? 

He had not seen the being before in his life and flashbacks of the fire, and it was clear that it wanted to fight Origami. Perhaps it is what created this paradox? It was clear that it was Origami that killed her parents However there was nothing he could do as the thing was flying at the speed of a hawk. 

"Kurumi, have you ever seen a spirit with black smoke around it?"

"No. Why?"

Kurumi responded back through their mental link

"I think our plan will have a few complications..."

He could only hope the situation would end well. 

...

Origami had travelled back in time thanks to Kurumi Tokisaki using her bullets, indeed she was at the right place at the right time. She looked down at the burning area and saw Shido unconscious with Kotori standing next to him 

 She looked down at the burning area and saw Shido unconscious with Kotori standing next to him