Interlude: Diabolus Ex Nihilo

It was bright sunny day in the London, however office of Deus Ex Machina industries, an albino haired man with empty blue eyes sat down on a chair in his office, with the lights switched off. He didn't need them, as he embraced the darkness, in his eyes, in his heart.

 That man was Isaac Ray Phelam Westcott, the head of Deus Ex Machina industries, responsible for providing realizers and gear to most of the anti spirit teams around the world.

He had been recently informed of a massive surge of energy in Japan, specifically, a huge fight had apparently broken out between multiple spirits. It ended with a massive explosion that flattened a mountain to the ground, with witnesses claiming that the sky filled with darkness and crimson. It was covered to the public as, a "experimental realizer failure", but only the government and DEM knew the truth about the incident.  

However what intrigued him was that one of the spirits them was in inverse form, probably the first one. The presence of inverse spirits was hypothetical, as there was no evidence to prove it, but this engima was undoubtedly was one . Earlier, it had been reported that the same spirit had made an entrance in this world a month ago. The spacequake it made was probably one of the weakest, and it was in a remote area south of the incident. 

However the local AST made a move to exterminate it, and when the new spirit was confronted , it had turned their weapons against them by infecting it with black matter and red energy. A demonic pillar with a blackhole like vortex was reported to be seen when the AST, When it left, there was no sign of the black substance that coated the ground and the shrapnel from the missiles. It also emitted a signature different from the normal Reiryoku of the spirits, having a ominous feel to it as the AST members on the scene reported.

Its appearance is also reported, it was difficult to discern its shape, however it is appears to be a humanoid figure, and looks very different from the other spirits.  In contrast to Deus, it looked really horrific and inhuman compared to the first spirits beauty and perfect body, and there were claims that it was in fact male, as its voice was deep and it lacked the features that would make it a female, further adding to the mystery of what kind spirit they were facing.

Westcott began to shake in excitement, it was like a kid who had received what he wanted in Christmas. This new spirit was truly powerful, and perhaps had been responsible for the surge of energy. He did not care that there weren't a lot of detail from the other spirits, as the inverse spirit had caught his eye.

Then, he began laughing. Not the laugh when you see something hilarious. The laugh that makes a madman makes when he loses himself in insanity. Yet Westcott claims he is sane, but only finds satisfaction from suffering.  The haunting sound had filled the empty, desolate room. He really wanted to meet the spirit and try to take his power for himself. 

He stopped laughing, and decided a name for this new apocryphal spirit. He had many, such as "Beast", "Nemesis", "Diabolus" or "Devil". "Devil" is too vague, as to Westcott, such an interesting spirit would not be suitable for such a name. As for "Beast", the spirit does not appear to start rampages or even kill humans. The spirit has not shown any opposition to the first spirit, codename "Deus", so it cannot be "Nemesis". "Diabolus" was ultimately chosen as a fitting codename for such a powerful spirit that is inverse. 

He immediately rang up his secretary Ellen Mira Mathers, informing that he wants to make a profile on the new spirit, and asked for a plane to Japan to test the new spirit's parameters . He wanted to meet "Diabolus" face to face, and take his powers for his own to become the being he so desired to become. 

...

Five years ahead, in a collapsing world, Ellen Mira Mathers, with her realizer had managed to survive the purge of humanity, being the "strongest" wizard Adeptus One. She was up on the tower when she noticed that her body began to turn into dust. As she looked at Ike, he was also starting to decay, then she looked down, all of the civilians are experiencing the same thing.