Chapter 16: The Unhinged Monarch of Malkuth

"FUCKING BITCH!!!!"

Tohka can't believe that beast dodged the moment she was so close to avenging Shido. 

Then, the beast's whole body started to be covered in disgusting muck that she can't even describe. He punched her into the ground, leaving a huge scar on the turf.

He then sent locusts towards her, which she found repulsive and disgusting of such a spirit. However the beast did not understand that her weapons could easily deal with those with ease. She raised the sword <Sandalphon> and and sent a blast towards the swarm, eradicating them easily.

"kzzztttt!" 

However, the Beast knew all along that the locusts were not able to harm her, and had just used the swarm as a distraction to pull out his Demon King <Gehenna>, and allow access to his weapon. He threw a sword at Tohka, and despite the blade missing her body it managed to wedge itself on the wings, rendering them obsolete and slowing her speed down. 

Tohka looked in shock for a brief moment, not just surprised that the beast managed actually damage her astral dress, but the fact that the blade was not an angel at all, just a normal sword. She gritted her teeth and resummoned her astral dress, breaking the weapon that was lodged earlier on 

The beast then used the short moment to allow himself to pull out a larger weapon, a double bladed sword. Tohka took a moment to notice that the blade seemed to corrupt itself into something more powerful, perhaps even parallel with a Angel. With one hand holding his armament with extraordinary strength,  the beast gestured Tohka to come towards him.

She charged at great speeds, with the pain of losing Shido and the thirst for revenge motivating her to push foward. She had forgotten her grudges against Origami Tobichii and DEM industries, as their all the pain they brought her never compared to the Beast, who had taken away the boy that had brought her meaning to the world. 

She swung <Shekinah> and the <Sandalphon> at him, One upwards, one downwards. It would be more difficult for him to escape the attack. But the beast used both of his hands to grab the hilt of his weapon and blocked the attack with it. Sparks came flying out from the where the blades landed. 

Even though the impact was strong enough to shatter buildings, he still held onto the weapon.He counterattacked, twirling his weapon like a pencil and causing Tohka to fall back a little. 

However Tohka stood back up quickly, catching off the beast and she used this opportunity to slice through the shaft of his weapon and up into the torso. A huge vertical gash had appeared on his stomach, bleeding out the red blood it had inside. From the look on his face, the beast looked furious, as he knew that his primary weapon was gone.

The beast made his broken weapon disappear into thin air, and pulled out a much more convenient weapon, a katana shaped sword, much like the ones which she saw in those ninja movies when Shido was still around

The beast made his broken weapon disappear into thin air, and pulled out a much more convenient weapon, a katana shaped sword, much like the ones which she saw in those ninja movies when Shido was still around. It was black like the solid black material that had covered his skin, with blue cracks glowing out of it. It hummed with the power inside it as the beast held onto it.