Chapter 13: Ritsuka Fujimaru

It's been a month ever since the events that I intentionally caused were put into play. 

Honestly, I don't regret causing them at all. 

Although one version Tobichii Origami would hate me, another would be saved. 

It feels really confusing, considering that they are supposed to be one person. 

It's like Jeanne and Jeanne Alter, or Jalter as us masters of Chaldea name her. Two different people, yet supposed to represent the same person. 

Olga was upset when I told her about Goetia's supposed return, even though I can't confirm if it is the same one that we fought three years ago.

She actually punched me when I told her that we saw signs of his return in the form of Romani and told me off for not killing him sooner. 

Should have killed that doppelgänger of Romani and we wouldn't have a beyond world level threat.

Right now, I was just working at a temporary  job as an accountant. I had a career's week years before Chaldea, where we would do internship at a workplace for a week and get the feeling of how working in society works.  

It really helped, and I managed to get along with the work environment quite easily. Even though it is Japan, in which the work culture is different, it was quite helpful. 

We decided to throw away the idea of forming a third party organization to help the spirits, as we don't have anything that would help them. But I still kept contact with Olga, just in case we found anyone else from our world.

If someone who can make mystic codes appears here, we can actually start our business of sealing spirits. 

"------------------"

Then I felt something that shook me off my thoughts. It was like if a sixth sense hit me. It was growing, and was to the east of where I work at. My colleagues also felt that too, so they stopped talking. I don't know how to describe it, but it felt like the world was shaking. 

Then the spacequake alarm sounded. 

Ah, so this is what being a human in a spacequake feels like. Even though I am no longer human, I still feel like one and blend in well. 

People started panicking, but the head of the department told us to stay calm and start moving downwards. 

As we walked, with speed, I managed to leave and go to the epiccentre of the spacequake, of where I felt it would occur. 

I stepped in front of the location, in the middle of a random street. By now, the people who were here evacuated and no one was there. 

Then it happened.

Well not quite

Instead a blue light hit the ground. 

When I looked at where the beam hit, in the centre, stood two people, they seemed really stressed and tired. 

In the crater, was the Fujimaru siblings.

"Gudao, Gudako? "

They immediately looked at me in response, too exhausted to be surprised that their fellow master was here. 

"We're tired."

They fainted and collapsed , h̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶u̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶. 

I went down and picked them up, and tried to take them to my place.  

(A/N: Future Chapter lengths will vary, depending on how long each arc is.)