Chapter 11: Ambush

"Morning?!, Wha- who are you?"

The second I opened the door, I regretted doing that, and should have asked who it is. At the very least I slightly opened it and asked her name. I wondered what she would respond to my question with.. 

"Hi, I am Takamiya Mio, I came here because I want to have a talk with you."

It was in a calm voice, rather than some angry girl who wants to murder me for being a threat to her plans. I am surprised she came here instead of Reine, perhaps she wants to be honest so I would gain her trust.

"Sure, want to have it over some breakfast? I heard there is a good cafe nearby we can talk at." 

She nodded, and we had a walk to the cafe. Honestly the journey felt like I was dating Mio, but I didn't really mind, since I did hang out with a few female servants back in Chaldea. I did not know how Mio felt. 

As we arrived and sat down at the cafe and ordered our breakfast, I decided to get down to business. 

"Ok, so how did you find me?"

I did not want to say it in such a rude manner, but I had to ask as she found me first. I wished I asked earlier although. 

"I was watching you when you revealed yourself to Shin. It is quite clear you know my intentions for him and my existence quite well. Today, I asked the people around for where you stayed, however it was quite difficult since I could not hear your name properly."

Ah, I recall I dispersed my shell to show I was not a threat to Shido, or he would probably try the fight or flight method if I got too close to him. 

"Now tell me, how do you know all of this?"

She asked with narrowed eyes, suspicious of my true nature

I decided to be straight and honest, not like those fanfics where people keep everything a secret and slowly reveal it over time, fuck that.  

"Alright, I am not from around here, and where I come from, this whole universe is in a light novel series called "Date A Live"

Mio's eyes widened, but allowed me to continue

"In that light novel series, it details Shido's adventures and dates with the spirits who you plan to meet with him."

Mio's eyes widened. From my point of view, it was clear that I dropped the bomb on her at a perfect time.

"In that light novel series, did I sucessfully reunite with Shinji?"

"Upon death yes, however I am not sure if the circumstances can be replicated here, as I do not know how the afterlife works nor do I want to know more about it. Please don't ask me more about it."

Mio seemed to understand that I did not want to be inquired more on the topic of the afterlife or light novel.

"Fine, then how are you of all people a spirit? I am supposed to be the one who creates spirits."

"As I said, I am not from this world. In fact I have been two other worlds before this one. In the one I was in, my group had created crystals that gave us powers as a last resort against a really powerful being."

"Tell me more about your previous world"

Like Olga Marie, I explained the singularities, the lostbelts, and the beasts. I emphasised that my two biggest enemies were Goetia and the Alien God, adding that I also may have gained the powers from Goetia's remains. 

...

We had finished our breakfast, which I just ordered some pancakes, while Mio ordered a typical american diner breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.