Chapter 12: Crimson Nightmare

"?" 

As my eyes peered down, a barrel of a musket and flintlock aimed at me. 

The welder had a serious face, one of her eyes with a clock, and her body was levitating from the ground. Kurumi Tokisaki had joined the game. It's clear her target is me. 

However her attire was not what I expected. Instead of the black gothic dress and eyepatch she wore, she had a full astral dress on, similar to Tohka's form when she gained <Shekinah>

My lips curled up a little, then they started to go up my face, exposing my teeth, until they formed into a full bloodthirsty grin. My instincts and lust for a battle lingered inside of me. 

However, I had forgot that I still was facing Adeptus One. The thrust a laser sword can be heard and a golden blade slowly formed out of my chest. Pain quickly swept to me as the blade began to twist around my body, disorientating my internal organs and cooking them with high heat. The sword I was holding dropped to the ground below.  

"You're weak!"

I could not see Ellen, but I could feel that she was grinning, that she had used Kurumi's arrival as a distraction to stab me from behind. 

I quickly reacted by twisting my whole body and squeezing her arm, crushing it. She screamed as her hand was forced to release her blade. I grabbed the blade and corrupted it with <Choronzon>, then used it to slice her CR unit into pieces, making it unable to fly. 

"If you are the strongest wizard, you should be able to s̶̩̮͌͗̕ǖ̵̦̦̼̥́r̵̛̘̾̇v̸̦̦͗ī̶̳̅͝v̷̻͊͆̊͗e̷̦͝ ̸͙͑t̷̡̯̬̔̉̈̆h̶̜̬͊̏͋i̸̜̗̐̈́͑s̵̡͚̱̈́̓!"

Then I kicked her to a nearby building, which the force was intense enough to break walls. I turned my head back to Kurumi, and I was surprised that she didn't attack me at all while I faced Ellen.

"Now, where were we? Thanks for letting me finish my finish my job by the way, although you interrupted my battle earlier"

"Ara Ara, You seem quite strong. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I am a spirit just like you. Now would you please let me have your name?". Kurumi soon relaxed and introduced herself, not knowing I know a lot about her. I was surprised she intimidated by me at all.

"No" Even though I nearly revealed my name to Mio, I felt that revealing my true name to people is going to have huge consequences in the future, so I rejected to speak my name. 

"Now tell me, why did you kill that spirit yesterday, and caused a time paradox in the meantime?"

"Wha?! Explain more!" I pretended to be surprised that I twisted and broke the timeline, as my stomach started to regenerate from the blade that impaled me.  

"You killed a spirit who I sent back in time, and caused a paradox. I will ensure that you will face the consequences." 

"Heh! I didn't even know she travelled back in time! And besides, aren't you from a paradox too?! Like that spirit wanted to do it! I was just fixing up the timeline Kurumi Tokisaki." I taunted Kurumi. I wanted to piss her off, so that her rage would cloud her judgement, allowing me to have an advantage

Kurumi gasped that I voiced out her name casually. "I knew you are hiding something! What are your true intentions?!"

Her finger was gripping tightly on the trigger, ready to fire. 

"Do you think I am just going to answer your questions? Lets speak after a f̸̳͆̋i̶͚̽́ğ̶̖͂͘͘h̶̼͑̉ṭ̶͇̝̻̈!" I got tired of trying to negotiate with people, and dropped <Caladfwitch> and pulled out a rifle, ready to fire.