Chapter 26: Descent into Madness (Beginning stage)

...

Elias sat outside a hospital, sitting on a bench looking down, seething at himself for letting one of his friends die. Even though Spencer can be annoying at times, he and Cristian are the only people who share similar heritage and interests. During Chaldea, they hung out a lot of .

"He won't be remembered. No one will remember his name. "

It was the truth. Spencer is now just one of the many dead masters who will be forgotten, as not one single bit he and Elias were acknowledged by Chaldea for their effort, just another faceless savior of Humanity. I had only remembered very few of the fellow members outside of the cast, and it's clear that

Many were sacrificed and were forgotten, as humanity will never recognize them. The relatives of Spencer were probably dead, their lives ended by the Alien God; the main "cast" won't recognize Spencer, only caring about Goredolf, because he had the role of director, which overshadowed many of the generic masters.

There would be no memorial for those who would be forgotten.

Elias laughed. He realized that he was probably one of the few masters who made it this far, and that he was lucky. All of the other faceless masters like him were probably never to be seen again, and so far, he had not encountered any spirits who were Chaldea's masters, either meaning they died. 

...

Time: April 21st 2015 

Location: Headquarters of Chaldea, Antartica

"Everyone!  Leave Professor Lainur alone or we will incapacitate you with force!" Director Olga Marie Animusphere ordered

"No! He's a traitor to Chaldea and he's got bombs around the control room!" One of the master recruits of Chaldea responded in anger. 

Professor Lev Lainur laid on the ground, his body covered in blood from the beating he had got, as he was noticed by the master recruits. Lainur's face was planted on the ground by the leg of one of them.

"Everyone Out! All who assaulted the man you will be escorted off the premises immediately!" The director ordered again, this time with a louder tone. 

All of the sudden, some of the masters noticed the lips or the creator of SHEBA beginning to curl up into a smile. He knew he was found out the moment the other masters started looking at him with hatred in their eyes.

"To think it would be this early... Well my cover's blown. " He whispered loudly, enough for Animusphere to hear. Her eyes narrowed at that. 

"Wha-?" She started to question.

"No!" yelled a master as she tried to stomp on Lainur's hand, only find out she stepped on the wrong one. 

"Tcht! It takes more than just simple mages to kill a Demon Pillar!" 

BOOM! 

Littered around were the burning corpses of young men and women alike. The smell of cooked flesh and charred skin went into nostrils of those that survived the attack. The situation would have been much better had the bombs been disarmed earlier, rather than attempting to attack the man.

...

That was the first time that Elias had seen death.  Although no blood was shed, the faces of agony and singed bodies of the master candidates was enough to make him vomit, even now.