Chapter 8: A diverging timeline

"Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Intense waves of red energy, gathered up from the energy of the beasts sword of rupture and it fired directly at the angel. The cannon fired, a large Beam of concentrated light energy was aimed straight at the beast. The two beams collided, with energy spilling around, shaving and burning leaves off trees, and scorching the ground.

The rippling of reality from the weapon was weaker than the original, as the earsplitting screech was not as loud as the one used on Tiamat, nor was the the concentrated laser beam able to destroy a city, but it was enough to overpower a ray of light and was enough to swallow the whole attack. The attack from the beast's weapon continued to push onwards to the angels crown cannon.

As the swirling red energy struck the angel and weapon, the angel started to vaporize into nothingness, taking the the Sephira crystal  inside her along with it, as the dust and explosion cleared, they were no signs of Reiryoku left, only the Inverse Reiryoku emitting on the beast and it's weapon. All around, the forest, the mountains were blown clean off. It is apparent that the weapon is not just a simple toy, but it had outlived out its use, now in broken pieces.

The beast paused still for a second and did not express any emotions. Although it had had a piece in victory in mind, as it had won his first battle against another spirit, even though he had not tested out his abilities properly against anyone yet. 

But deep down, he also felt remorse, killing someone who had suffered for the past 5 years, suffering from the trauma of losing her loved ones, and never learning to move on rather than hold a grudge towards a group of people. 

The angel was vaporised with agony and raw anger in her heart, but she finally saw the sillohuete of her parents smiling at her in her last moments. She wept in happiness as she vanished, finally realizing that she may a have a chance to see her parents again.

However as she vanished, space and time began to distort, and the beam continued it's journey to the future.

...

Gilgamesh had awoken in the Throne Of Heroes, disturbed from his sleep by the presence of a weapon in a far off reality.

He had the memories of dying to the beast of the end, which called itself the prime minister of the world were still fresh in his mind. He hated that beast because it wanted to bring back the age of the gods. He remembers fearing it in the final singularity, he once mentioned it the presence of it appearing before the defeat of Goetia. Ironically, Beast VII isn't so different from him in terms of goals and personality, as they both want to assert dominance over the world and both liked to look at humanity with disdain. However, it was not Beast VII that woke him up, it was something far more personal to him.

A fake imitation of him was using a imitation of his most powerful noble phantasm "Ea" against a mongrel in a wedding dress. "There shouldn't be another copy of Ea."  , the king thought, but this sword was probably an attempt at recreating one, as it was much weaker. He would have to chase after and scold whoever made that faker's sword, if he got the opportunity to. 

Yet even as a fake, the faker still managed to vaporize the mongrel. But he saw something that interested him. Apparently the mongrel had travelled back in time, and the beam had continued its journey through time travel.