Chapter 25: The first of many battles

...

Elias went towards the site in rural Kazakhstan. he was trying to find the source of the bizzarre energy spike that occurred there. I was actually glad that it was in some country, not Japan, which meant that Japan was not considered the center of the world like in most forms of Japanese media. 

Other than his phone, he lacked any form of communication, as they were only to go as far as developing technology that can detect abnormal energy signatures.

Most of the spirit activity had centered around Japan, and there are only a few instances where they actually went outside of the city. This was the first time something supernatural had occurred outside of Japan since the first spacequake and the mysterious build up in energy in Eastern Siberia.

Elias finally arrived at the location of the energy spike. It took him almost less than an hour because the wings on the armor allow him to go at supersonic speeds. He had made the correct deduction that the location was a rural area when the spike of energy had occurred; the area was a wide grassland, with a few mountain ranges surrounding the area.

He noticed a burnt patch on the grass and footsteps leading away from the site of the energy spike. It was clear that it was two people, and they had used a form of teleportation to travel there.. They could be anyone at this point, because there were no clues or hints of who or what was responsible for the phenomena. If Elias were to guess, the three best ones would be, "Chaldean masters", "Demon Pillar Spirits" or "Some random person who could do teleportation."

"Hmmm."

...

It had been an hour ever since Elias followed the footsteps. He disassembled his armor back into his typical attire of jacket and pants. His expression right now was boredom, as the clouds blurred the blue sky, preventing him from appreciating any view.  The footsteps had began to fade into the grass, making it harder for Elias to find whoever it was. 

"Hello?! Anyone around here?!"

He began to call out to anyone, hoping he would get a response. 

...

None. Elias sighed again. Even when he hovered over the ground at a fast pace, it was clear that by the time he arrived, the people at the site had been long gone. 

He could simply increase his speed, but it would lead to more collisions with the rocks and would cause suspicious activity, just enough to get the attention of any organizations associated with spirits. 

If another hour had passed and he still could not find any end to the footsteps, he might as well leave and report to Da Vinci that he was unsuccessful. 

"aaaa-!"

Elias snapped his head towards the direction of that sound. It was faint, but he could hear it. It was a scream of desperation, as if the person who yelled was in a troublesome situation, yelling for help.

He began to trail the sound. As he got closer, he could hear blaster noises, and he knew that one is getting attacked. 

As he diverted through rocks, he finally saw the source of the sound. It was an obese man running away with another man on tow, from three very particular inverse spirits.  

"Asmodeus! Megiddo!"

One was clad in a dark Kimono, with pinkish twin tails and horns. Azure flames spouted from her, as she held a large cannon aimed at the main. Her face was in rage, with a red glint in her eyes, determined to kill. Kotori Itsuka, also known as <Efreet>