Chapter 20: The Pitful Jester

We stood there, frozen and confused. I did not know how to respond, as the person who was standing in the circle knows of my existence beforehand, and is the one responsible for the voices in my head when I shifted between the two worlds. But it seems off that she is the one responsible. Perhaps there is another foriegn factor at play.

"Elias, you know this person?"

I broke out of my trance only to notice that Gudao had a firm face. It was clear that he wasn't scared, which was quite obvious considering his experience.

 "Yes, I do. " Simple as that, I knew that person is Ren from the game"Date A Live: Ren Dystopia."

Pfft, for some reason, I don't like that I know all of the Date A Live stuff, as it kills the thrill and excitement of discovering new stuff.

"Why am I not taking this seriously like any typical person and just acting one those generic male OCs or male readers again?" I asked myself.

"Oh, sorry for being rude, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ren, a spirit. Unfortunately I lack a surname." The girl spoke.

"Are you a servant?" Olga went into immediate questions, ignoring introductions. Ren started to frown a bit, not understanding what Olga meant. 

"Hmm? What are you talking about?" Ren responded, confused by the term "servant". Of course the first thing is a person that perform the duties of others.

"Look at your hand, Gudao" I told the male Fujimaru

Gudao looked down at his hand, and no command seals. He was shocked to see that there were none, as of course Ren is not a heroic spirit, but a spirit of this world.

"Interesting... The ritual had not summoned an individual from the throne of heroes, rather summoned someone else. Since you don't have command seals, why don't you try again?"

Surprisingly, it was me who responded rather than Olga. I was much more respectful than her, after all I worked with servants for the past few years in Chaldea. The others nodded, while I pulled Ren to the side to ask her what she was saying in those voices.

"So, since you claim to be responsible for that omitted voice in my head, what were you trying to say?" I asked

Ren's face seemed to shift into confusion, as if her claim earlier was false.

" I can't remember... I am not sure why though." Ren answered in a voice to show she was lost in her mind.

"Speaking of which, I thought you were supposed to be sleeping or something in that void? " I continued, not bothered to press further into her loss of memory

"Your arrival and activities could have awakened me, but I am uncertain as if I felt that I never saw them, rather someone had inserted them into my head." 

This caught my attention, as she repeated mentioned an unknown factor involved with her tamperement of her memories and also her voice. It sounded like Mio, but why would she use her to go after me? And since Mio wanted Ren to be sealed away, why would she release her. 

However my thoughts were interrupted when the female Ritsuka Fujimaru yelled

 "We are about to summon another servant! Move back everyone!" Gudako exclaimed, finished making a summoning circle.

This time, we had a makeshift catalyst, using a chunk of mud, intending to summon Enkidu. Why Enkidu? Because the Chains of heaven would be probably useful in restraining enemies.  And other than me, we don't have a lot of heavy hitters. 

This time, we used Gudako, due to her insane amount of luck in summoning servants. 

She used a different chant this time than my one. 

"Shut (fill) 

Shut (fill) 

Shut (fill) 

Shut (fill)" 

As Gudako began her chant, I began to notice a bright white light in the distance, which appeared to be approaching us. Confusion arose in my head, wondering what the source of the light could be.

"Heroes of legend, answer our call

To fight once more..."

The bright white light started to come closer. I began to tighten my fists, realizing we have been found out by a certain someone that I mentioned earlier. Black gunk began to flow out of my body.

"To forge a path 

To path that would bring prosperity... "

Everyone else other than Gudako began to notice the black gunk that covered me. I pointed to the white light coming closer than ever. There eyes widened. 

"And to protect those in need. 

So come fourth-"

"Ain Soph Aur"