Chapter 21: A Darkened Light and A Brightened Shadow

"Ain Soph Aur."

"Oh shit!"

I immediately ran to Gudako and pushed her out of the way, as white petals of light began to flow to her area. 

"Urgh! What was that for! You interrupted my-" Gudako paused as she saw the issue!

"We have been found out! Everyone run!" I yelled. Everyone started to run towards the exit of the forest, while I attempted to trap Mio in <Abbadon>. Unfortunately, the concentration of Reiryoku that I placed on the reality marble was not enough to hold Mio, as she managed to break out.

As almost else tried to run away from the site, my armor completely envolped my body, with the mechanical like wing blasters appearing on my back and once more, my body is enveloped in dark matter. 

The petals touched my armor, and although I was expecting death, nothing happened.  Then the feeling of getting stung pulsed through my body. I flew away from Mio to prevent more of the petals from contacting with my body.

"Heh, looks like I am stronger than your normal spirit after all. But ugh, that sting is annoying!"

"Fuck"

I looked to the source of the voice. It was the Spirit of Origin. I did not know why she of all people would swear. Her face was in a frown and I could tell that the source of it. 

Ren gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, but was shaking, clearly afraid of her presence. She tried to run, but Mio had some sort of grip on her.

"You have done something that will threaten my plans." Mio spoke in a cold voice. 

"Yes." I responded in a flat tone. 

It was like a child getting into trouble by his or her parent. I am the child, and she is the parent. But Mio had already done a lot of wrong, and she done it all just for one boy she loved. She pointed to Ren.

 "If you try to stop me from putting her back where she belongs, I will have to end all of your lives." She threatened me.

"She clearly does not want Ren's presence here."

"That is a risk I will take. You have done enough harm, and you never understood how those young girls feel. I will do anything to protect Ren, even if it means killing you" I responded, clenching my fist

"Mio never understood the feelings of those children when they were forcibly given power and killed. Maybe she did, but she still kept doing it."

Mio's face shifted from a cold frown to one that of interest "Even though you have the exterior of an inverse spirit, you still show consideration for others. Interesting. See if you could even put a scratch on my body, Fuck."

"I do not intend to endanger my friends or any people who don't deserve to be involved." I began to prepare for a fight, ready to take on all the odds.

Mio said nothing as she spoke the name of her angel. "Ain Soph"

The words sounded strong and bold, as if God was speaking to me. The ground beneath me began to tremble,  as a huge tree sprouted out of the ground and began to reach to the skies, as a checkerboard like pattern appeared on the ground. It was the might of such a powerful angel, that I started to suffocate in, due to it's very presence or that I am in the spirit dimension. 

Unfortunately, Ren was caught in the territory, which meant I had to restrain my power to prevent her from getting killed in battle.

"Damn tree! I have got to destroy it."