Chapter 24: Butterfly effect

...

It had been almost half a year since all of the events started, a series of events that involved the worlds of spirits in Elias's new life. It didn't bother him at all, as he had worked with the supernatural before, more specifically an organization that uses technology and magic to save the world. 

He was now working with a harem protagonist who looks sexy as a girl, an crazed idiot who is obsessed with saint quartz, an angry woman who looks like Negev from GFL, a girl who calls the first two people he mentioned "Senpai", and some random artist wearing a woman's body. What a crazy bunch of friends he has, but at the very least, they were reliable and were people he were able to talk to.

After leaving the hospital, nothing truly significant happened. First, he continued to do internship, because the others had to work on building the new technology, rather than actually dedicate it to saving spirits, a movement that Elias actually approved of, mainly because he wanted the ex members of Chaldea to live a normal life for once. 

And they did. Da Vinci, having been released from her burdens of Chaldea decided to do painting and sell her art, Olga Marie worked at Asgard Technologies to gain more information on them, while Ritsuka Fujimaru and Mash tried to find an educational facility to study at to finish their education and get a degree, regardless if it is secondary or higher level. 

Unfortunately they couldn't summon any other heroic spirit after Da Vinci and Mash. The latter theorized that they were near or inside the last ditch device in the shadow border vehicle that helped them escape from the Alien God as it destroyed the earth. As for why Mash was summoned as a heroic spirit she guessed it was some reward for her contribution to humanity, or that she was stuck in a void when he pulled her out. The armor she was summoned with was not Galahad's, but the Ortenaus  armor.

A few months later, Da Vinci managed to hack into the database of DEM industries in secret, but failed to find the location of the second spirit, although it did mention that she was captured. They also found the codename of their ally, <Diabolus>. Olga said he deserved that name, due to her tendency to look down on others, but Elias just accepted the fact, as his appearance as a spirit said otherwise. 

...

Feburary 21st 2019

Elias was frowning at the outside of a window. For some reason in the previous night, Elias dreamed one of the Y/Ns killing spirits for vengeance in brutal manner, and Elias had so desperately wanted to do the same thing to that Y/N. And of course, Y/N was trying to make another harem like any other cliche male reader. But with the lack of the presence of Y/N, he had other means of taking his frustration out on something else.

"Are you okay, Elias-san?" Mash asked

"I am going to attack DEM tonight" Elias announced, slamming his palm onto the table

Everyone was surprised at what Elias just said. Recently they found one of their secured facilities near a mountain range in the Tohoku region. 

"You can't do that! you naive, incompetent idiot! You will die and we will lose our most powerful member! Plus didn't you go into a coma after fighting that woman?!" 

Olga reacted first with her argument, with the usual scowl on her face. Even though Elias was basically being equivalent a powerful servant, it was true that he could get overwhelmed by the force of DEM and get captured. And the last time he fought, he was defeated by the Spirit of Origin and forced into a coma after the battle.

"I am just going to attack a base and try to find that spirit I told you about-"

"It doesn't matter! We are still not done with setting up our stuff!"