Chapter 27: Descent into Madness (Second Stage)

...

"Kurumi and Ren... What is your business with me?" Elias spoke in an annoyed manner, combined with a glare at the two spirits. Now was not the best time to disturb him, as he just finished mourning his friend. He was also still mad that Ren decided to leave him while he was in a coma from the battle with the Spirit of Origin.

"Ara ara, you know my name already." Kurumi spoke. Elias remembered that the Kurumi he met months earlier might not be her, and this meant that someone were spying on him for information.  Her face did not change "Well, I apologise for intruding, I will give my condolences to your friend ." 

"Fine. Just don't disturb me while I am grieving next time. I will let you off and allow you to explain your purposes. " Elias quickly calmed down. He did not want to let his emotions get the better of him, and Kurumi apologized for her . 

"Let me settle down, and we could discuss this over some tea." Elias added.

"Should we join in?" Asked Gudako.

"Just listen in." Elias responded. "It's a more of a personal matter, they specifically asked for me."

...

Everyone soon settled down. Elias sat at the dining table with Kurumi and Ren at the other side.

"So, what are your reasons here?" Elias asked in a calm, but direct voice.

"Fufu. I see that you want to get into business then, even though you mentioned earlier you wanted to have tea." Kurumi responded smug, putting down her cup.

"And we have questions about stuff that we believe you can answer" Kurumi responded to Elias questions.

"I see." Elias responded. "I think we can make an alliance. Now, what are the questions you want me to answer? "

"Around a few months earlier, I confronted a spirit with a similar appearance and powers to me." Kurumi spoke as her smile faded. "She keeps claiming that she is a future version of me, even though I feel no connection to her. When I asked her how, she mentioned your responsibility in doing something."

"You have done something to upset the timeline. There were more time displaced spirits like her littered around the world and are upsetting the organizations associated with them. " Kurumi pointed a finger accusingly at Elias. "Because of this, the activity from certain factions has increased, and are taking raised measures."

"That's right, the amount of these spirits has increased, and I want to know why they resemble the ones from the future." Ren added. "I have a suspicion that you had done something to the timeline the moment you arrived."

Elias seemed to show a moment of surprise on his face. He had assumed that Ren knew what he had done yet had no knowledge of it until now.

Elias had a thought. At this point all his attention was focused on what to respond with, even forgetting that he just finished mourning his friend. Even though he can no doubt kill Kurumi and Ren, that would kill the point of keeping Ren alive, and he wanted to the spirits in this timeline to live a better life, despite making enemies with the spirits from the collapsed timeline.

He felt bad that he had to kill them, considering that regardless of whether Mio gave them the crystal or not, their fates in the original timeline will be still tragic. And now he had given them a worser fate of seeing the boy who fixed their lives disappear from the world.

"I admit it was an aftereffect of one of my actions." Elias admitted. "Let me explain from the beginning."

"So there is this individual named Tobichii Origami" Narrated Elias. "Her parents have been killed by a spirit and she has been obsessed with killing spirits to make sure that no one else suffers the same fate as her."