Chapter 17: The fallen monarch of Lilith

"This is getting annoying now"

I pieced myself back together after being strewn apart from the blast of Tohka's modified angel.

I realized at this point in time, she is getting too dangerous to even let her live, as a cost of my irrational actions earlier. She had become <Beast>.

Earlier, I underestimated her,  thinking the technique of Sasaki Kojiro was enough to kill her. But despite the result being a bunch of large wounds on her body, it was clear that I had to upgrade my arsenal. 

But the past is the past, and I need to move on and bear with the consequences in front. 

My thoughts raced. As I had become another generic overpowered male self insert, my thinking was now quick witted, which allowed me to formulate a plan before lunging at Tohka.

I had gained armor that covered my entire body, wings, which each individual feather acted like a blaster and a booster.

I also gained a new copy of "Ea", it was still the same from the first one that broke, but I won't waste breaking it on some random spirit that I encountered. 

Instead, to make up for the restraint on that sword, I had another one, which I thought was too edgy, but I took it anyways. 

I was going to try something similar to Musashi's technique, but because only one of my swords was katana shaped, I had to improvise a bit. 

Despite me creating it from my mutation, I did not know what it was capable of. After all, other than the Ea copy, none of the other weapons that I had were noble phantasm like. 

Fortunately, the perfect subject to test it out was in front of me.  

I swung the new sword at <Beast> with a single hand. I had more than enough strength to carry such a large sword.

<Beast> raised up her corrupted Shenkinah to block the attack. 

While it was successful, it created a spark that grew, causing both swords to bounce off each other. 

It knocked my arm away from her. 

I knew that she would use this as an opportunity to attack me with the larger Paverschelv, so I raised up the other sword on my hand.

As predicted, a streak of purple energy that could tear reality came at me, only to be blocked by the cylinder like sword, excited by the energy within it.

I fired, blowing away the fallen monarch. 

The fallen monarch recovered quickly and started to coordinate attacks on me. 

I quickly utilized my wing blasters and fired upon her. 

Holes formed all over her body.

"Garrghhhh!"

But she kept pushing. 

No matter how much firepower and effort I would put, she is not to be underestimated. 

After all, she is only second to that of the first spirit in the novel.  

I held my swords tight, ready to attack defend myself from the growing onslaught of slashes to be expected.

...

We continued to trade strikes, occasionally we both had a few opening spots where it would be fatal , but the strikes kept missing or had been absorbed by our tough exteriors.  

We were still in a stalemate, hoping to stay strong. 

<Beast> even managed to expose my Qlipha crystal once by firing a blast, but I barely regenerated  the armor before she struck a second time.