Imagine Helping Thomas After The Changing

Thomas' eyes shot open and breathed in deeply while creating a wheezing sound at the same time. You rushed to his side and grasped his hand. Thomas' chest heaved and his forehead and hand was covered in his sweat. "Thomas! Thomas!" You said, "you're fine now." Thomas finally laid back into the pillow once he heard your voice, still breathing heavily but calmer. "Wh-what happened?" Thomas breathed, his eyes moving quickly until they landed on you. "You went through the changing, do you remember anything?" You asked, cupping his cheek. "Y-yes..." Thomas said, his eyes still piercing your own. Alby bursted into the room. "Is he-Thomas! What do you know?" Alby said, as stern as you had remembered him to be. Alby quickly gave you a look, gesturing for you to leave. A few hours after hearing Alby shouting and who knows how Thomas reacted to it, you finally went up stairs just as Alby left. Thomas was leaning against the wall, biting his bottom lip as he strived to keep back the tears. "My information just confirmed Alby's suspicions. Tomorrow they are going to hold a Gathering to see whether or not I should be...banished. I don't want to leave! I don't want to leave you!" Thomas said, beginning to choke on his tears towards the end of his statement. You rushed to his side and caught him as he was about to collapse onto the bed. He began to sob into your shoulder. "I first purposefully got pricked by a Griever, had to go through the changing and now this? I don't even remember it all!" Thomas sobbed, his arms wrapped around you tightly. You rubbed his back. "I'll make sure to inform Minoh and Newt about this, maybe they'll fix it." You said, feeling his wet tears on your shoulder and back. "Maybe." Thomas choked out. "Thomas...did you say you don't want to leave me?" You inquired, those words stuck with you and you had to reassure you had heard him correctly. "Y-yes." Thomas said. You pulled away and cupped his cheek while rubbing his cheek with your thumb. "Y/n, ever since you came into the maze I have had feelings for you. I felt like I should protect you and care for you." Thomas said, sniffling. You could not help but smile. "What?" Thomas said, baffled by your reaction. You stood on your tip toes to kiss him, since he was too tall for you. You pulled away, "you're not leaving, I'll make sure of it." Thomas smile, leaning his forehead against your own.