Newt Imagine

You bit your bottom lip and squinted your eyes shut, striving to bite back the hot tears that threatened to fall. You were at the second level of the homestead, sitting on the bed while hoping that no one-especially Newt-walks in. Yet your worst nightmare happened as you heard Newt say your name and knock gently on the door. "Y/n?" He repeated himself, putting his hand on the doorknob. "Please, I know your in there. Open up." Newt said, his voice filled with concern. You sniffled and wiped the tears out from under your eyes and advanced slowly to the door. Newt heard your coming, therefore he didn't knock again. You opened the door and saw his big brown eyes staring anxiously at you. His eyes widened in shock as he saw what had appeared on your shoulder only a few hours before. Newt placed his hand around your waist as he lead you to the bed. He had closed the door after you sat down, making sure no one would hear your conversation. "Y/n, what happened?" Newt inquired, his face generally worried as he looked down at the black and purple bruise on the shoulder. "I'm fine, Newt. The Med-jacks said it would heal in a week or so." You said. Newt knelt down in front of you quickly. "Y/n," he said sternly, "tell me what happened." You gulped. "Gally" you choked out while tears began to fall rapidly. Newt grabbed hold of your hands and glared at the floor. "I can't believe it! Why would he do such a thing?" Newt protested. He finally noticed how hard you were sobbing, your chest heaved through quick and unsatisfying breaths. Newt took his hand-still holding onto yours with his other-and wiped away your tears. Standing up and siting on the bed, he embraced you tightly. He repeatedly shushed you. He was wracked with so much guilt he felt as if it was his own fault. "I should have been there..." Newt mumbled, you could feel his arms tense up around you. "Newt, it wasn't your fault." You said, pulling away and looking into his eyes. Newt leaned forward and placed a kiss on the tip of your nose. You blushed, though there were still tears falling down your cheeks. "I'll fix this, Gally will pay for what he did." Newt said, his jaw clenched. Forgetting about your injury, you attempted to lift your hand to his cheek but failed miserably. You gasped while you brought your arm back to your side and held it there. Newt only watched you, his eyes glancing between your eyes, your arm, and your bruise. Newt wanted you so badly to do what you wanted to do. Compromising, he leaned his forehead against your own. As usual, you both heard Gally shouting at some poor shank for probably just breathing. Newt stood up and you followed knowing his intentions. Newt turned around and held up his hand. "No, you stay. I don't want you getting hurt again." Newt said. You sighed, knowing you shouldn't argue. Just before he left, Newt leaned down and gently pressed his lips against your own. He half smiled and limped away to confront Gally, leaving you blushing madly.