Imagine Sherlock On His 13th Birthday

Written with the help of @team.free_will (IG) :)

Sherlock sat there in the living room, eagerly looking out the window. Balloons were hung up on the corners of the chairs in the dimly lit dining room. "Any minute now" Sherlock mumbled, looking up at the biggest balloon that had a "happy 13th" on it. He sat straight up in his chair, waiting patiently. An hour went by. "Any minute now." He repeated, still sitting on his chair. Another hour, two hours, then finally three hours. Sherlock's head hung long, sniffling as he began to quietly cry. "Mama and Papa, I wish you were here so I wouldn't be alone..." Sherlock mumbled, looking up at the ceiling as if seeing his deceased parents right before his eyes. Suddenly, a hand gently came down on the door and knocked. Sherlock gasped from excitement. "Coming!" He called out in his somewhat adolescent voice. He rushed to the door, pausing to take a breath then opened it. You smiled when you saw him, and he smiled back at you; expect he was a bit shocked. "Happy Birthday! What does it feel like to be 13?" You inquired, walking inside the spacious apartment. Your eyes scanned the room in awe, you had never seen where he lived before. "Good." Sherlock replied, still smiling. "Where is everyone?" You asked, curious. Sherlock paused and his smile left. You turned and looked at his face, it was upset. "No one came." Sherlock mumbled, adverting his gaze to the floor shamefully. "What about your parents?" You asked, about to regret it. "They died three months ago." Sherlock mumbled inhaling deeply. "Sherlock, I had no idea, I'm sorry." You said quickly. "No it's fine" he said quietly. A single tear ran down his face. "Hey, it's alright. I'm here" you said gesturing to yourself. Sherlock smiled weakly. "Now, do you have candles?" You asked going to his kitchen. "Top drawer" he called. You found a box of multi colored candles. "Perfect!" You exclaimed. You and Sherlock did all the regular party things that you would normally do. "Presents!" You called. Sherlock sat down on the couch as you handed him the box in silver wrapping paper. "Go on then" you said gesturing over to the box. He carefully ripped the paper and opened the old with curiosity. He pulled out the navy blue scarf and gasped in awe. "It's beautiful" he said wrapping it around his neck. "Happy birthday Sherlock" you said hugging him tightly. "Thank you" he responded. "Oh, and I have one other gift" you said blushing. "What's that?" You quickly pecked him on the cheek. "Goodnight" you said. And with that you left Sherlock sitting on the couch blushing.